Who We Are:
Kasa is building a global accommodations brand unlike any other. We took the best that hotels and short-term rentals had to offer and created a new class of hospitality that is well priced, trustworthy, and that offers a large selection of great locations. Our guests enjoy seamless check-ins, spacious apartments, and attractive amenities, helping them feel right at home. If anything comes up, our remote guest experience team is available 24/7, ensuring our hospitality is always felt, though rarely seen.
Behind the scenes, we build technology that combines with our innovative operations to grow a globally scalable offering that delivers high-quality stays. Our products and systems unlock unparalleled flexibility to operate anywhere from a few Kasa to a few hundred Kasas in any type of building, in just about any location. We currently have Kasas in over 17 states and are expanding into new markets all the time.
All of this is made possible by our team members, each of whom plays a critical role in fulfilling our vision and mission. We strive to foster a culture that values feedback, support, and collaboration throughout the organization. As a remote-first company, we work hard to bridge the gap of distance through initiatives that foster connection across Kasa. A few examples include lively All-Hands meetings, department get-togethers (online and in-person), and teamwide celebrations of important milestones. We offer benefits that encourage team members to stay at Kasa properties to experience our product firsthand and meet local team members when nearby. Guests are crucial to Kasa’s mission. Accordingly, every new Kasa team member gets trained in our Guest Experience Akademy during their onboarding.
Our team is fortunate to have diverse backgrounds, personalities, and experiences united by a commitment to excellence and passion for our industry. If Kasa’s vision and culture speak to you, and you’re up for the challenge of building a company on the cutting edge of real estate, we would love to have you on our team!
This role is fully remote, we set a location because some job boards require it.
We are looking for MBA Interns to help us build technology and optimize operations. We're a remote-first company, so you can spend your summer working anywhere!
We're looking to hire interns to work with our strategic operations and finance/FP&A teams for the summer.
- On the operations side, we manage 800+ units across the country in 20+ different states! As an intern on our operating teams, you'd be challenged with helping our team scale our operations to ensure high-touch customer service and 5-star cleans, managed by a remote team!
- On the FP&A team, you'd dig into our budget process and help to better understand why budgetary discrepancies are occurring. You'd work cross-functionally with various teams, including our operations, real estate, and marketing departments.
As an MBA intern, you will be reporting to a Senior Leader within the company and work intimately with various members of the leadership team. We're looking for self-starters who learn quickly and can thrive in a fast-growing company that's building the future of livable space.
About the Team
In this role, you'll be working alongside senior leadership to answer many of the most impactful questions facing our team today. As a team, we hire results-focused and intelligent leaders who can grow with the company. We value humble and accomplished individuals who are receptive to giving and receiving feedback. Our core values include growth mindset, long-term orientation, and resourcefulness.
Day in the life of a Kasa MBA Intern
Like any fast-growing company, there is no "typical day." At the beginning of your internship, you'll receive several well-scoped projects that are critical to the success of the team. You'll be asked to do research, provide recommendations, and fully implement any solutions during the 10-weeks.
We hope to bring all interns to San Francisco to visit our HQ (depending on COVID regulations) at some point during the internship. There will also be ample opportunities to Zoom, Slack, and interact with senior leaders through your research & implementation.
- 2+ years of work experience in operations, product, consulting, or finance.
- You like planning and managing complex initiatives that align business goals with technology solutions through product improvements.
- You're comfortable with ambiguity and excited about working in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a strong EQ and are able to empathize with our guests and operating team members, allowing you to truly listen and implement feedback
- Travel is part of your DNA and you have a passion for the real estate, tech, and hospitality industry
- You've worked in the hospitality industry at some point in your career
- You've worked for a fast-growing startup
In 10 weeks, you will succeed at Kasa by having:
- Completed thorough research and analysis to make clear recommendations
- Worked across different departments, taking the initiative to set up conversations with anyone at the company
- Implemented a solution with many moving pieces
- Become a respected leader and thought partner to your manager and the Kasa leadership team
- Understood and built empathy for our guests, partners, and operating teams
Benefits (for interns and full-time employees):
- 💰 Competitive Salary: We offer base salaries at or above market rates plus additional earning opportunities based on the position
- 🌏 Remote Work: With flexibility as a core value, and over three-quarters of the team working remotely, Kasa employees are able to work from anywhere!
Benefits (for full-time employees):
- 🩺 Health Coverage: We've invested in comprehensive health insurance options to help when you need it most
- ✈ Kasa Travel Credit: We love to travel! Kasa employees get an allowance of free stays with us in any of our locations, plus a 50% discount on any nights for friends and family
- 📈 Generous Stock Option Plan: We believe the success of our business should be shared with our team. As you grow with us, we increase the opportunities for you to become part-owners of our company.
- 🙌 Flexible PTO: Full-time exempt Kasa employees are encouraged to take time off as they need and see fit, ensuring that it's not disruptive to their work
- 🏋️ Leadership coaching: Growth mindset is a core value for Kasa. One of the ways we deliver on it is by offering complimentary external leadership coaching to Kasa team members.
Kasa is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.