Karuna Health is looking for a skilled and values-driven frontend engineer to join us in our mission to give every patient a guide in the healthcare system.
As a team, we’re committed to:
- Making sure our impact on patients is positive and measurable
- Investing in each other’s growth, both professionally and personally
- Being willing to make and learn from our mistakes
- Pushing for transparency in our relationships with each other, our customers, and our investors
- Ensuring privacy and security are always top of mind
If these values strike a chord and our mission gets you excited, we can’t wait to hear from you! We also want you to know that you can be a great candidate even if you don't perfectly fit the mold we describe below… and you can have important skills we haven't even thought of yet. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
We care deeply about building a workforce and culture that is inclusive and equitable for people of all backgrounds and experiences. Because of this, we particularly encourage people from communities that tend to be underrepresented to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and those with disabilities.
What you’ll be doing in the first six months:
- Taking responsibility for making Karuna’s vision tangible, working on everything our users touch
- Helping us move from demo to production level code for our mobile application
- Working with the product team to rapidly prototype, test, and deploy new features like support for patient communication using WhatsApp, powerful conversational AI to augment the capacity of healthcare workers, and analytics tools to help showcase the impact Karuna’s technology is having on patients
Our tech stack:
Back-end: Rails microservices behind a single RESTful API abstraction, Postgresql, Amazon SQS and Google Protocol Buffers, Elasticsearch
What you need to be successful:
- Proven success working on the front-end of other web and mobile applications
- Familiarity with modern front-end tooling and build pipelines
- A passion for engineering and high standards for code quality
- An interest in solving complex technical challenges
- A commitment to Karuna’s vision for inclusive healthcare and empowered patients
Karuna's software empowers high-need patients to stay in touch with their care teams using the same channels they already use with friends and family: from Whatsapp and text messaging to voice calls and video. To handle the increased volume and quality of interactions, our automation tools help care teams prioritize, measure their performance, and cut through back office work so that they can focus on doing what they do best: building authentic relationships with the patients who need them most.
Karuna is a high-growth digital health company backed by early investors in Uber, Square, PillPack, Oscar Health, Flatiron Health, Cruise, and other startups that have redefined their industries. We work with some of the most influential community health organizations in the world and are scaling our user base ~30x over the next quarter.
- Company subsidized commuter benefits, health insurance, and flexible spending account
- Unlimited PTO and flexible work hours
- Catered lunch once a week -- and an office with kombucha, coffee, and beer on tap
- Access to career development and mentorship from our network of investors and partners
- Volunteer opportunities with our community health partners