- Write code with a deeply technical eng team (co-founder / CTO and three product-focused full-stack engineers).
- Rapidly prototype new features, measure impact, and collaborate with an experienced product lead to update our roadmap.
- Take responsibility building, deploying, and maintaining a sophisticated Rails microservices architecture
- 3+ years of backend engineering experience
- Of these 3+ years, 2+ with Rails.
- Confidence with modern Ruby.
- Experience with a CI pipeline.
Skills We'd Like to See
- 1+ years experience at an early-stage startup.
- Experience with large scale, high-volume, production-quality messaging architecture.
- Experience with Electronic Health Record (EHR/EMR) integration.
- Demonstrated passion for healthcare and social impact.
- Comfortable working without a designer.
- Academic background in computer science (BA/BS or MS/PhD) or equivalent experience
Who You Are
- Have passion and drive for backend web systems. This is your craft.
- Actively choose progress over perfection.
- Possess a strong bias towards getting it done. You take initiative and don’t need to wait for permission.
- Deeply mission driven and motivated by empowering patients when they feel helpless, anonymous, and alone.
- Comfortable with, embrace, and thrive in uncertainty.
- Scrappy and able to build meaningful products with limited resources.
Why You Should Join Us
- We've just closed another round of funding and are read to start scaling. You'll be on the ground floor.
- Work with a Rails contributor, a skilled DevOps Engineer, and accomplished React developers.
- Have the autonomy to build something with a brilliant and enthusiastically supportive team.
- Learn best practices from world class investors and advisors including First Round Capital, Founder Collective, Slow Ventures, and Lerer Hippeau.
Karuna Health is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.