Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with our people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact.
Do you enjoy having responsibility for the growth and value delivered to your portfolio of clients? Are you motivated by working closely with clients to solve their challenges? Do you take pride in helping our clients succeed while constantly looking for opportunities to deliver value to them?
As an Associate Customer Success Manager at Karbon, you'll take ownership of your own clients by giving consultative advice, scoping, and leading successful project implementations while driving customer engagement. You'll function as a crucial link between our clients and our Sales and Product Development teams.
As an Associate Customer Success Manager, you will...
- Provide support to customers by way of onboarding, data migration, implementation, and training on the Karbon platform, driving client satisfaction and ensuring that considerable value is realised by clients on our platform in the first 90 days after sale
- Expand the usage of Karbon by engaging with our clients and understanding further use-cases for Karbon for people outside of the existing user base
- Drive growth in existing customers after 90 days of the sale by educating, cross-selling, and up-selling Karbon products and promoting awareness and adoption of our products and services
- Increase participation in free service offerings such as the "Getting Started' and "Onboarding" webinar series
- Be creative and adaptable in suggesting solutions to our clients' unique problems, and helping them solve those problems by building partnerships, driving product and feature adoption, and ensuring that clients actualise the value proposition from their investment
- Accurately identify risk of churn and put value-add actions in place to mitigate churn by developing a repeatable process and methodology that can be followed by others as Karbon continues to expand
- Champion the voice of our customers internally by sharing feedback with the Product and Engineering teams in an effective manner for improvements and roadmapping
Candidates with the following qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Physically based in the US and comfortable working with a remote, international team
- 2-3 years of industry experience in B2B SaaS Accounting, Business Development, Customer Success, Professional Services, or Training/Education
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts clearly and efficiently while giving consultative advice to help our clients grow their performance
- Ability to combine the work of managing your own clients, building long-term relationships, and recommending solutions to their problems through the use of Karbon products and services
- Ability to learn modern customer enablement SaaS and servicing tools to better understand, manage, and support our customers
- Professional spoken and written English (fluency in other major languages is a plus, but not required)
- Though infrequent, able and willing to travel for meetings, conferences, and industry events when safe to do so
Why work at Karbon?
- Unlimited Vacation policy (5 weeks annual leave* for our UK, aussie and kiwi mates)
- Paid Medical, dental and vision coverage (US)
- 401k matching
- Competitive salary that is benchmarked each year and adjusted as needed to keep up with market rates
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position