Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with our people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact.
Karbon is looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our top-quality Product Design team to help invent the future of the Karbon product. We are about to tackle some really big things and need experienced end-to-end Product Designers with the full suite of UX, UI, and visual design skills to make it happen — if this sounds like you, let's talk.
About this role
This is a senior role that will work closely with the Design, Product Management, and Engineering teams to research and understand user needs and explore and design solutions to push the Karbon product to be the global leader in practice management.
You'll drive projects big and small, assess problems, take ownership, find solutions, and see things through to delivery with autonomy. You'll communicate clearly with your colleagues and lend a helping hand when needed.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Design leadership — working alongside Product Managers and Tech Leads to deliver successful solutions
- Applying your design expertise and experience to all aspects of the product design process
- Providing design solutions that solve customer and business needs while maintaining a high-quality, premium customer experience across the product
- Developing user stories, prototypes, design mockups, and detailed specs to communicate the design solution to the team
- Providing constructive, detailed feedback to your sprint team
- Being a thoughtful and passionate voice for design
- Mentoring less experienced colleagues
- Being the guardian of the brand experience in product — simplicity, usability, and quality should always be a part of your decision-making process
- Discussing and debating design concepts robustly to find the best possible solutions
- Constantly thinking about new ways to improve the efficiency of your design process while maintaining high design standards
Candidates with the following qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Extensive professional experience designing high-quality digital products
- Top-tier UX, layout, and visual design skills — this team is responsible for end-to-end product design from concept to go-to-market, so you'll need the full suite of skills to make it happen
- Maturity to discuss ideas critically, contribute to strategic decisions, and always be open to adopting someone else's idea if it's better than your own
- A fascination with experimentation, testing, and analytics — if a new design doesn't achieve its aim better than the last one, then what was the point?
- Confident writer of short-form content — words are design, too
Why work at Karbon?
- Unlimited Vacation policy (5 weeks annual leave* for our UK, aussie and kiwi mates)
- Paid Medical, dental and vision coverage (US)
- 401k matching
- Competitive salary that is benchmarked each year and adjusted as needed to keep up with market rates
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position