Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
Karbon is hiring a Talent Acquisition Specialist to help grow our team in Australia! This person will be responsible for ensuring that every candidate has a top-notch interview experience, from the first time they engage with us through offer acceptance and onboarding.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Talent Acquisition Specialist will play a vital role in ensuring that candidates have a positive and memorable interview experience with Karbon. You will be the subject matter expert on all things related to recruitment and will share talent market updates, interview tips, and best practices with our hiring managers.
Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Building a pipeline of qualified candidates for current and future openings using various sourcing techniques
- Leading recruitment campaigns for various roles across the organization
- Managing our ATS and ensuring that all data is accurate and up-to-date
- Preparing recruitment materials such as job postings, interview guides, etc.
- Screening CVs, scheduling and conducting structured interviews, and managing the feedback / debrief process with hiring managers
- Facilitating the offer process by extending contracts and negotiating employment terms
Candidates with the following skills and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Physically located and authorised to work for any employer in Australia (Sydney or Canberra strongly preferred)
- 1-2 years of full-cycle recruiting / talent acquisition experience in a corporate or agency setting with an emphasis on technical recruitment
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws and regulations
- Prior experience / proficiency with leading ATS software (Greenhouse preferred)
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to mange multiple open reqs simultaneously
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and professionalism
- Previous startup experience a plus
Why work at Karbon?
- Standard 5 week vacation (annual leave for our aussie mates) for all employees globally
- 2 Karbon Calm Days - to take some time out to chill whenever they are needed
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- Competitive salary
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position