Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Nelson (NZ) and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
Karbon is looking for a contract Training Specialist with deep knowledge and experience using Karbon to train new and existing users on how to best leverage our platform by guiding them through an array of training topics.
As a Training Specialist, you will...
- Schedule, facilitate, and deliver product training to new and existing Karbon users
- Create course materials such as recorded audio and/or videos, scenarios, training plans, test questions, and more to enhance and support our training and education efforts
- Work with Karbon clients to build plans and strategies to ensure that our platform is being best utilized to meet their needs
- Maintain knowledge of and share best practices with our end users
- Provide feedback to internal teams on how to improve effectiveness of courses and training materials
- Deep knowledge and previous experience using Karbon’s software required
- Experience developing and leading SaaS training courses
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to break down course material in an easy-to-understand format
- Engaging to listen to and able to adapt to various audiences
- Able to answer questions clearly and concisely on the fly
- Hourly contract rate of $100/hour (USD) — estimated time per client is between 2.5-3.5 hours
- Current Karbon users are eligible for a discount on their Karbon account
Why work at Karbon?
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy - we're not going to monitor how or where you work)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position