Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Nelson (NZ) and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
Karbon is looking for a Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer to join our team in Sydney. The Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer will support other teams in the company by providing infrastructure and tools that will enable them to produce software and deliver services.
About this role
You will be the go-to person for building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, automating software builds, and providing infrastructure as code. Some of your main responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Engineering and Product teams to assist in implementing solutions and solving problems
- Developing cloud-based infrastructure using DevSecOps tools and processes and managing/maintaining the availability of the infrastructure and products
- Ensuring that our tools and processes produce complete and healthy software packages, binaries, and artifacts
- Building monitoring tools and monitoring security and performance of the infrastructure
- Developing and monitoring application of policies and procedures to ensure information security
- Developing and maintaining infrastructure via IaC, automation, CI/CD, orchestration, etc.
- Designing infrastructure architecture and building/implementing solutions, optimizing for cost and efficiency
- Coordinating compliance audits and reports including SOC 2
- Monitoring and fulfilling Access Management requests
- IT operations duties such as monitoring, backup, disaster recovery, and environment management
Candidates with the following characteristics and experience are encouraged to apply:
- Deep understanding of DevOps practices, infrastructure skills, and fundamentals (Windows, Linux, DNS, TCP/IP, etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of Agile methodology practices and concepts based on Scrum
- Deep understanding of:
- CI/CD pipeline development using Jenkins and Azure DevOps
- Code repository management using Git
- Automation using Powershell, Bash, Groovy
- Infrastructure as Code using ARM templates, CloudFormation, Terraform
- Docker containerization
- Machine management in AWS and Azure
- Deployment Orchestration with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with High-Availability application architecture, Web application architecture, Microservice architecture, etc.
- Team-player with excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to problem-solving and solution design
- Knowledge of MS .Net development stack, serverless application architecture, network security (pentesting, firewalling, IPS) and security compliance a plus
Why work at Karbon?
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy - we're not going to monitor how or where you work)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position