Karbon is the premium work management platform for the accounting industry and has become indispensable for firms around the world to support their team and navigate the sudden shift to remote work. Karbon brings planning, clients, work, and communication together in one place where it belongs, so even if the firm has to work remotely, they're all together online.
Founded in San Francisco, we have grown into a globally distributed team with people in the Bay Area, Seattle, San Diego, Reno, Sydney, Melbourne, Nelson (NZ) and the United Kingdom. We are well-funded, have a fantastic team culture, are growing rapidly, and making a global impact. Learn more about us at karbonhq.com.
Karbon is hiring a full-time Sales Development Representative to join our team in Australia to help us meet expanding demands as the industry undergoes a large transformation to support remote work.
As a Sales Development Representative, you will...
- Call, email, and engage with outbound leads on social networks daily
- Build email, social, and physical mail campaigns to engage with prospects and ultimately book meetings with Account Executives
- Proactively engage with and reconnect with former prospects
- Qualify and understand a prospect's needs
- Convert leads into qualified prospects
Candidates with the following qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply:
- At least 1 to 2 years of experience selling SaaS products to small and medium-sized business (prior domain experience with Workflow, Accounting, or Project Management software and/or outbound sales experience is a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working independently in a very fast-paced and tech-savvy environment
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic, and the results to show for it
- Ability to listen to a customer's challenges and ask questions to better understand their needs
- A friendly, but assertive, demeanor
- Physically based in Australia (Melbourne or Sydney preferred) and comfortable working with a remote, international team
- High level of proficiency in the English language, both written and spoken
- Bonus points if you have prior experience using Salesforce, Outreach, and Handwritten
Why work at Karbon?
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to be part of building a global product
- True ownership and autonomy over the work you do
- Work with (and learn from) a very experienced team
- Be part of a startup team that will continue to grow around you
- Flexible approach to work environment (we believe in trust and autonomy - we're not going to monitor how or where you work)
- A culture of open communication, consistent feedback, and full transparency into company results, metrics, and financial position