We're Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, while creating more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join the Karat Information Security Team
The Karat Information Security team is committed to building a solid information assurance program which brings long-term business value leading Karat’s data protection efforts.
What you will do
As a Senior Security Engineer, you will be responsible for helping drive a culture of security across Karat. You will collaborate cross-functionally to identify and manage security issues, provide training on security topics and be the trusted counsel for the company in this area.
Your position is key to maturing Karat security engineering function and supportive of our organizational goals to build and operate secure systems and applications.
Strategic projects you will lead in your first year include:
- Collaborating with engineering team members to relentlessly improve how security engineering fits into the software development lifecycle
- Leading design and implementation of robust detection and response systems for our services and applications deployed in AWS
- Deploy a robust security assessment which delivers impactful results and enables broader awareness and participation in security engineering
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform security assessment to Identify threats and vulnerabilities in Karat systems
- Lead development of tooling and frameworks to secure our products throughout the entire SDLC
- Participate in security incident response and root cause analysis operations
- Drive technical and process improvements with measurable impact on engineering teams and the company
- Engineer, Implement and Monitor AWS Cloud protection security measures
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Write reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement and security KPI performance reports.
- Comfortable with owning and delivering on KPIs
- Demonstrated strong writing and communication skills
- Growth mindset and an expectation that the role will evolve and grow.
The experience you will bring
- 5+ years experience working within a security engineering team
- CISSP or equivalent
- Experience supporting security engineering projects with multiple stakeholders and competing priorities
- Experience Identifying and defining security requirements
- Experience in at least two of the following areas: application security, securing cloud infrastructure, vulnerability management, SDLC, corporate security
This is a salaried, full-time position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but our core team is distributed throughout the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond.
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible time off policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks vacation per year for hourly positions
- Global parental leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid company holidays for 2023
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via United Healthcare or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Therapy and coaching for employees and dependents
- $150 per month reimbursement for miscellaneous benefits/wellness purchases
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
Karat is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, veteran status or other legally protected status. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce; people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karat is an E-Verify company.