We're Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat's purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we built the world's first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter, grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat's Brilliant Black Minds program, our work here matters. We're a passionate, focused, human-centric team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Community Management team
The Interview Delivery team is committed to building and supporting the Interview Engineering community at Karat. As one of the organization's most central teams, we directly impact not only the bottom line of business but also the evolution of the recruiting industry.
As the Director of Community Management, you'll lead the team responsible for the overall health of the Interview Engineer community. You will oversee the strategy, management, communication, and development of our Community - this includes defining and executing Karat's community strategy, setting clear goals for community governance, and implementing new programs for Interview Engineers.
The Community Management team works closely with cross-functional stakeholders to deliver company-wide projects and initiatives. To succeed in this role, the Director of Community Management must be comfortable working in an ambiguous, growing, and agile environment and be passionate about community experience.
What you will do
- Set and help execute the strategy for the Community Management team. Drive strategic initiatives and long-range goal planning, define policy and governance, develop and launch new community products, and engage our Interview Engineer community
- Ensure the Community Management team and the Company speaks to the community with one consistent voice
- Responsible for the Community net promoter score (NPS), define and drive Community Management team metrics, and share results at an executive level. Develop analytics reports on community growth, safety, and sentiment trends
- Internally champion the Community, ensuring that executives and other stakeholders understand the value of the Interview Engineers, are getting the information they need and that the Community is aligned with business priorities
- Oversee a highly productive and engaged Community Management team that owns broad community communications, large-scale events, and guidelines
- Support the Product and Engineering team’s development of new features for the Community and its moderators
The experience you will bring
- 10+ years of professional experience with strong people management and managerial skills
- Strong operational skills with a clear focus on impact and the ability to execute a plan
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of online community platforms
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format to a global audience
- Experience building and managing strong relationships with cross-functional partners and stakeholders across the company
- A team player focused on what is right for our Community, and Karat
This is a full-time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but our core team is distributed throughout the United States, Canada, and United Kingdom. For this position, we are considering candidates who are located within the greater United States and have posted this job description broadly with that in mind.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Karat is an E-Verify company.