We're Karat, the leader in technical interviewing and pioneer of the Interviewing Cloud
Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we created the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies such as Wayfair, American Express, and Indeed expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, human-centric, and committed team, and we want you to join us!
Come join our Infrastructure team
Our Infrastructure team is committed to ensuring all software systems are operating with high efficiency, and are regularly building and deploying scalable solutions that keep Karat at peak performance.
What you will do
As Senior Site Reliability Engineer at Karat, you will join the team responsible for securing, maintaining, automating and operationalizing the infrastructure building blocks for our data, engineering, and technology teams. You will be hands-on in building automated, secure, and reliable systems that allow us to deliver high quality products and services to a variety of end-users.
- Support your team in delivering the projects that fall into your team’s area on time and with quality.
- Combine engineering experience and an innate drive to improve existing systems and processes.
- Empower the development team by building systems that allow them to ship code faster and more reliably.
- Take an active role in improving the team's security posture.
- Automate operational tasks to save time and improve accuracy
- Take responsibility for the availability and reliability of our critical platform services and applications.
- Write clean and scalable scripts, software and systems to manage platform infrastructure and applications.
- Measure and optimize system performance using Datadog and Terraform, with an eye toward pushing our capabilities forward.
- Learn and be flexible to handle all of the unknowns that come with fast growth in the company.
The experience you bring
- Previous experience working on cloud based infrastructure, CI/CD systems such as CircleCI, Jenkins, Docker containers, all while leveraging an infrastructure as code solution
- Demonstrated Linux fundamentals, AWS experience is a plus
- Writing clean, understandable, and maintainable code is part of your DNA
- You have a distinct passion for product driven development, and are a self-starter looking to learn, build, ship, and own
- You are a sharp and tenacious troubleshooter with a history of finding and fixing problems within complex systems
This is a full-time, salaried position. Immigration sponsorship is not available.
Karat is a remote company with employees throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For this position, we are only considering individuals based in the United States.
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Global Parental Leave (16 weeks paid with additional 8 weeks transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 20 paid Company Holidays for 2022
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Inclusivity:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at email@example.com.
Karat is an E-Verify company.