We're Karat, the leader in technical interviewing
Karat’s purpose is to Unlock Opportunity for engineers and companies alike, and our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. As the world’s technical hiring expert, we help companies hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, and committed team, and we want you to join our mission!
Come join our Delivery team
Our Delivery team is committed to building and supporting the Interview Engineering community at Karat. As one of the most central teams in the organization, we have a direct impact on not only the bottom line of business but also on the evolution of the recruiting industry.
What you will do
As our Global Community Manager at Karat, you will be responsible for cultivating a positive, collaborative community amongst freelance engineers from all over the world. As the conduit between these engineers and the Karat core team, you will help facilitate constructive conversations and drive process change that best support our growing community and business needs.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Act as a liaison between the Interview Engineering community and Karat, ensuring voices are represented and perspectives are heard.
- Be responsible for the community net promoter score (NPS). Understand what drives interviewer happiness and invest in changes that increase satisfaction levels and output.
- Own communications to the interviewing community; develop a regular cadence of outreach spanning both the formal (e.g. monthly newsletter, quarterly Town Hall) and informal (e.g. posts in Slack).
- Develop and maintain educational resources, guidelines, and policies to uphold community standards.
- Train cross-functional and new team members on how to participate and engage with the community.
- Bring insights to internal teams and work closely to systematically improve community approaches and engagements
The experience you will bring
- 5+ years of experience building and maintaining large-scale, global online communities with a high rate of measurable success
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in related field nice to have
- Patience, empathy, and passion for building meaningful, human-centered connections with all types of individuals
- Professional, user-minded written communications and editorial skills
- Empathetic communication and listening skills, plus top-notch cross-functional collaboration skills
- Previous experience at a high-growth, quick-change start-up with a bias for action
Benefits of joining Karat
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!
Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
Benefits / Wellness:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
Learn more about us
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.