Interviewing is the gateway to building careers and teams.
Yet, it’s no one’s job to do it with fairness and professionalism -- so we made it our job.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, Indeed, Citrix, Intuit, and Palantir.
Product at Karat
As the VP of Product at Karat, you will work on an exciting mission with a highly relatable product. You will lead an organization that is committed to materially improving how engineers are interviewed and how engineering organizations operate. As an Executive of our growing company, you will work closely with leaders and members of other teams, contribute to team culture and practices, and own the development of our product organization.
You will be the product leader of a team working to build a high ROI solution that serves engineering leaders, hiring managers, and recruiting organizations. Your work will be the bridge between users and providing the backbone of our platform.
In order to contribute in this role you will:
- Be responsible for leading a team of product managers through all aspects of product life cycle. This includes: market needs, product vision and strategy, roadmap creation and communication, release planning, requirements gathering, functional specification all the way through to customer enablement and success.
- Develop and execute a go-to market strategy & plan in collaboration with marketing, sales, sales enablement, sales support and product teams.
- Maintain a strong, cohesive and collaborative culture across product and engineering teams. Focus on continuous improvement of product planning and delivery practices across the organization.
- Strong collaboration with product and technology leaders across the ecosystem with partners.
- Develop and nurture a high-performance team of product managers and link performance to overall business objectives.
- Participating in strategic planning for and delivery of expansion Karats product into new global markets.
- Requiring practical, real world problem solving skills, as this team moves fast, and your role will be to help unblock barriers.
- Leverage market analysis, competitive knowledge, and customer research to define product roadmap.
- Champion and evangelize new capabilities and solutions with marketing, sales, support, professional services, partners and customers.
- Engage directly with key customers during pre-sales and post-sales implementations to ensure the product will help them reach their desired business outcomes.
- Present technical product and roadmap to customer executives in our world-class executive briefing center.
Who are you?
- Experience managing product management teams and closely collaborating with engineering teams.
- Experience in SaaS or other technology products.
- Equivalent of 15+ years of product management or similar experience. Deep experience in the fundamentals of agile execution and delivery and hands-on product management. Ability to wield influence effectively to drive outcomes.
- High energy and passion for the job.
- Product Leadership DNA, proven ability to excite and lead a product team.
- Experience building, leading and working with teams.
- Expertise building industry-specific solutions and/or selling industry-specific solutions to businesses.
- Experience in working in fast-paced startup environments and also large enterprise software companies.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions.
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.