Interviewing is a universal experience, but it is no one’s job
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.
Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
IT at Karat
Karat’s Head of IT will own our overall strategy for hardware, SaaS tools, and office and employee network access. You will work with other departments like Legal and Finance on Compliance and Audits, as well as with our Security and Privacy teams. You will engage the entire company on their various technology and SaaS tool needs, as well as be responsible for the Audio/Visual (AV) strategy for our company team meetings. This position would immediately manage one existing employee and be responsible for scaling the IT function.
- Develop and coordinate the Information Technology needs for the company
- Coordinate with office management to ensure that physical IT needs are met as the company transitions to new space
- Maintain a comprehensive and detailed inventory, insurance and purchasing strategy to keep the department up-to-date with the latest available technology
- Actively develop, monitor and maintain an IT budget and make strategic decisions based upon available funds
- Help create external IT, Security and other related policies
- Organize internal and external security and compliance audits
- Work with Legal and Compliance team on SOC2 initiatives
- Serve as senior-level security and DevOps administrator to the cloud-based systems
- Provide expert-level assistance in computer desktop, handheld, printer, video conferencing and software support
- Work with vendors such as Network Operations and IT Services to facilitate IT-related contract services to users within the department
- Manage and grow a team of IT Specialists/Desktop Support
- Create and run training programs for software/tools, training, security, and other IT-related initiatives
- 5+ years experience driving IT decisions for a rapidly growing technology firm
- Experience hiring and managing a team of IT professionals
- Experience developing and enforcing compliance requirements for EU-US Privacy Shield, GDPR, HIPAA, SOC 2, etc.
- University-level degree in IT Security or related field, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Experience with Audio/Video conferencing tools and physical network deployments
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.