Interviewing is the gateway to building careers and teams.
Yet, it’s no one’s job to do it with fairness and professionalism -- so we made it our job.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, Indeed, Citrix, Intuit, and Palantir.
About our Data Science Team at Karat:
Our Data Scientists will work directly with engineers and leadership to extract key insights from our data and provide actionable recommendations. As the principal individual contributor to data-driven insights at Karat, you would drive innovation in our understanding across the business from the clients to the interviewers and candidates. Working on the Data and Delivery engineering team you will help shape the future of how our company ingests, analyzes, and talks about data.
The ideal candidate for this role is fluent in data manipulation & statistics, comfortable with providing technical and product recommendations, working cross-functionally to support ideas from inception to launch, and capable of presenting and being a thought partner across the company.
- As we collect richer data about the user interactions during each interview and client hiring decisions, you will work with our data to strive to increase the signal captured in every minute of our interviews and maximize the value provided to clients.
- Work to ensure that we are reducing the cognitive burden on all participants in the interview process while improving the quality and predictivity of our interview content and IP.
- Help build the solutions to scale our platform to serve a constantly increasing number of interviews with a flexible network.
- Analyze and model interview engineer performance, churn, learning, and more to inform the growth of our network.
- Nurture the data conversations and culture at Karat by educating technical and non-technical teammates about data literacy and usage.
- Masters degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years work experience in data analysis and modeling
- Deep knowledge of statistics and rigorous analytical technique
- Experience with and a knack for communicating technical work to stakeholders
- Experience designing and refining machine learning models
- Strong data analysis and scientific thinking skills
- Experience constructing SQL queries (using Postgres or a similar platform)
- Comfortable in one or more (non-declarative) programming languages
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.