Interviewing is the gateway to building careers and teams.
Yet, it’s no one’s job to do it with fairness and professionalism -- so we made it our job.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, Indeed, Citrix, Intuit, and Palantir.
Solutions Engineering at Karat
As a member of Karat's Solutions Engineering Team, you will partner with our Customer Success Managers to transform the way our clients hire engineers. You will leverage your deep technical expertise and understanding of our interview product to ensure its successful implementation in every organization.
This job requires a uniquely entrepreneurial bent as you will meet with countless C-suite engineering and talent leaders to understand their technical concerns and adapt or evolve our product to address them. The Solutions Engineer will have a career-defining opportunity to shape the future of Karat.
Our Solutions Engineers are able to all over the United States and we are looking to add members from the East and West Coast!
- Build trust in the Karat solution over a client's entire technical partnership.
- Ensure that Karat interviews provide the maximum possible value to each client by serving as a technical expert and an advocate for that client's interests.
- Sit down with engineers from teams around the world, understand their job descriptions and learn what the team is looking for. Leveraging your technological expertise and Karat's interview content, you'll help design a predictive interview format that will help that team find the candidates they need.
- Meet periodically with client teams to ensure that the product is working for them, address any technical concerns they have, and make any necessary adjustments over time to maximize the value of the interview.
- Help us improve our internal processes, identify new areas where our interview can provide value, and helping us understand what our clients need.
- Work directly with our Engineering Leadership to pave the way for the Solutions Engineering organization at Karat by owning the creation and building of our knowledge base.
- This role requires 10% travel to meet with client teams.
- You believe in our mission and crave the ownership and responsibility we will give you
- You are a Technical Subject Matter Expert in the area of Software Engineering. You are equipped with an understanding of a wide variety of technical topics such as time complexity, algorithms, web development, and system design
- You are client-oriented and comfortable explaining your product to any member of the team, from a junior engineer to a CTO
- You have a desire to learn and improve your craftsmanship, plus you will always go the extra mile to delight clients
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience in customer success, solutions engineering, sales engineering or related fields
- Interviewing, hiring or mentoring experience
- You have a working knowledge of SQL and are comfortable composing queries
- You can speak to the Karat vision at events or conferences
- You have a growth mindset and will be thinking about how to scale your function from day one
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.