Interviewing is a universal experience, but it is no one’s job
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.
Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
Solutions Engineering at Karat
As Karat's Solutions Engineer, you will partner with our Customer Success Managers to transform the way our clients hire engineers. You will leverage your deep technical expertise and understanding of our interview product to ensure its successful implementation in every organization.
This job requires a uniquely entrepreneurial bent as you will meet with countless C-suite engineering and talent leaders to understand their technical concerns and adapt or evolve our product to address them. The Solutions Engineer will have a career-defining opportunity to shape the future of Karat.
- Build trust in the Karat solution over a client's entire technical partnership.
- Ensure that Karat interviews provide the maximum possible value to each client by serving as a technical expert and an advocate for that client's interests.
- Sit down with engineers from teams around the world, understand their job descriptions and learn what the team is looking for. Leveraging your technological expertise and Karat's interview content, you'll help design a predictive interview format that will help that team find the candidates they need.
- Meet periodically with client teams to ensure that the product is working for them, address any technical concerns they have, and make any necessary adjustments over time to maximize the value of the interview.
- Help us improve our internal processes, identify new areas where our interview can provide value, and helping us understand what our clients need.
- Work directly with our VP of Engineering to pave the way for the Solutions Engineering organization at Karat by owning the creation and building of our knowledge base.
- This role requires 10% travel to meet with client teams.
- You believe in our mission and crave the ownership and responsibility we will give you
- You are a Technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the area of Software Engineering. You are equipped with an understanding of a wide variety of technical topics such as time complexity, algorithms, web development, and system design
- You are client-oriented and comfortable explaining your product to any member of the team, from a junior engineer to a CTO
- You have a desire to learn and improve your craftsmanship, plus you will always go the extra mile to delight clients
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience in customer success, solutions engineering, sales engineering or related fields
- Interviewing, hiring or mentoring experience
- You have a working knowledge of SQL and are comfortable composing queries
- You can speak to the Karat vision at events or conferences
- You have a growth mindset and will be thinking about how to scale your function from day one
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.