Interviewing is the gateway to building careers and teams.
Yet, it’s no one’s job to do it with fairness and professionalism -- so we made it our job.
Our mission is to be the world’s interviewer. We conduct highly predictive interviews for our clients with rigor, humanity and fairness. Karat helps companies hire the engineers they need to create the future and helps ensure that engineers are in jobs that maximize their strengths.
Karat conducts first-round technical interviews on behalf of companies like Indeed, Intuit, Pinterest, and Citrix. Our network of experienced Interview Engineers have conducted tens of thousands of technical interviews with software engineering candidates. Clients increase capacity to interview and unlock engineering productivity, all while providing exceptional candidate experiences.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, Indeed, Citrix, Intuit, and Palantir.
About our Data Team at Karat:
Our Data Analysts will work directly with engineers and leadership to extract key insights from our data and provide actionable recommendations. You will take on analyzing data sets, defining metrics, designing decision trees, and synthesizing information across multiple datasets by utilizing appropriate scripting languages and statistical methods. You will be responsible for the design and development of dashboards and automated reports. You will be innovative in your work alongside talented and fun colleagues within the Karat community.
The ideal candidate for this role is fluent in data manipulation & statistics, comfortable with providing technical and product recommendations, working cross-functionally to support ideas from inception to launch, and capable of presenting and being a thought partner across the company.
- Create sustainable tools to give teams the data they need and making the most important data visible throughout our company.
- Develop SQL queries and dashboards that are critical to our day-to-day business intelligence
- Optimize and improve the processes by which we review and analyze our data
- Improve our data quality, ingest new data at scale, and drive improvements in our user experience and business decisions
- Proactively deliver insights that will help make all of our teams more focused and productive
- Collaborate with engineering and business leaders to prioritize and triage incoming requests by importance
- You are comfortable working with both technical and non-technical users to understand data requirements.
You should apply if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience using SQL, R, or similar tools
- 4+ years operating in a data role or data-driven business role
- Experience with PostgreSQL or Metabase
- Experience composing complex SQL queries in response to user needs.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in a relevant field, such as computer science, mathematics, statistics, or information management
- Familiarity writing code in a dynamic language such as Python or Ruby
- Experience with mathematical and statistical concepts such as confidence intervals, probability distributions and statistical significance.
Benefits of joining Karat:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits for all our full-time employees:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Medical / dental / vision insurance
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Karat is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Karat and the state/country where you work.