At Kallyope, we are developing an industry-leading therapeutic platform based on our comprehensive understanding of gut-brain biology. Founded and headquartered in New York City, our cross-disciplinary team is integrating cutting-edge technologies in sequencing, computational biology, neural imaging, cellular and molecular biology and human genetics to provide an understanding of gut-brain biology that, when coupled with our deep drug discovery expertise, will lead to transformational therapeutics to improve human health.
The ideal Director, Head of Operations candidate is a self-starting individual who seeks out solutions and thrives in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will lead our laboratory and office operations to include overseeing all aspects of office and laboratory space, equipment, and supplies. The position will manage the operations team and report directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
Successful candidates for this position will have a passion for engaging with every member of our team and continuing to foster a culture of high-performance, innovation, and teamwork.
The Head of Operations is expected to be in the office during business hours.
- Manage operations team, including supervision, training and evaluating performance
- Oversee the leases for office, laboratory, and vivarium space as well as equipment
- Lead the procurement, installation, configuration and maintenance of equipment
- Oversee laboratory and office supply logistics and inventory, including procurement/replenishment
- Oversee SDS tracking
- Manage relationships with equipment, consumables, and supply vendors
- Oversight of laboratory operations and configuration with focus on safety, compliance, and efficiency
- Lead compliance requirements for laboratory and office space
- Coordinate/supervise distribution of mail and packages
- Analyze operational costs and monitors budget
- Support internal meetings or events as needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience
- Laboratory operations experience (7+ years)
- Laboratory compliance reporting/record maintenance
- Managerial experience
- Familiarity liaising with vendors
- Familiarity with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for safety, hazardous waste removal and controlled substances
- Knowledge of purchase order processing
- Experience in managing to a budget