Kalles Group Overview
Security is for all.
Companies big and small thrive when information is secure, organized, and available because they are better able to manage risk and opportunity. Our purpose is to secure the future for businesses.
We provide cybersecurity services to startups, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies because of our belief that everyone deserves to be secure.
Kalles Group is delivering organizational and technology change while bringing security to all.
What you’ll do
The Senior Cybersecurity Consultant will be responsible for playing a key role as a customer-facing expert overseeing security program enhancements to improve automation, reliability, and maturing client security posture via both process and technology. You will bring your experience in technology and depth in cybersecurity to advise, build, and implement tailored solutions for maturing information security programs in order to enable businesses to secure their future.
You will be focused on advising and delivering high-impact solutions in the following areas: Cloud Security, Identity Management, Network Security, and aspects of Security Operations.
- Perform security and risk assessments at an advanced level –areas of assessment vary by engagement but include, for examples, program assessments (broad) and application assessments (more focused).
- Guide and influence the building and implementation of security policies, standards, procedures, and operations.
- Advocate for effective collaboration and best practices to be prioritized among program management, operations, and other security engineers and analysts.
- Drive critical analysis of current state of security programs and processes, identifying gaps and key areas for improvement, and helping to steer the team through delivery of the technical solutions.
- Play a role in the furtherance of our cybersecurity practice development - designing and deploying repeatable and scalable solutions or project artifacts and assist in transitioning those processes to support teams for execution.
- Dive into technologies at the forefront of modern tools, technologies, and strategies. Help evaluate, prototype, and introduce them to the team.
- Work directly with clients and Kalles Group teams in a multi-disciplined team structure, designing and implementing security process and technology solutions
- Build policies to utilize automation to secure infrastructure, software and other technical components that are baked into the composition of all software tiers.
- Propose and implement system improvements that will enhance the performance and consistency of infrastructure.
- Understand the business direction of companies and create tailored security architectures/roadmaps to meet their unique business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related area of study, or equivalent work experience.
- 6+ years of experience within Information Technology or Computer Science broadly, with a background in one or several of the following: Network Implementation, IT Systems Administration, Database Administration, or Software Development.
- 3+ years of experience within Cybersecurity, with one or several of the following focus areas: Identity Management, Network Security, Vulnerability Management, Application Security, or Security Operations.
- Demonstrated ability to methodically analyze problems and identify solutions.
- Experience supporting services sales - developing statements of work, crafting initial project plans, estimating delivery effort.
- An ability to adjust positively to quickly changing priorities and shifting goals.
- Possess technical writing and communication skills.
- Show discretion when interacting with customers and vendors.
- Previous security-related consulting experience.
- Be adept at dealing with ambiguity, thinking on one’s feet.
- Schedule and deliver on tasks in a timely manner.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, small-team atmosphere.
- CISSP or equivalent certification.
- Additional industry recognized certifications, such as CCNA, CompTIA (Security+, Network+, A+), CISA, CISM, CCSP.
- Experience building & refining packaged service offerings.
- Active involvement in the cybersecurity community and experience presenting thought leadership material.
Kalles Group is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on creed, nationality, race, ethnicity, disability, gender, or other protected class.
- Professional Development. We like to give back with an annual professional development package to boost growing your career.
- Health care coverage for you and your family. This includes medical, dental, vision and pharmaceutical coverage. Kalles Group pays a percentage of the premium. There are multiple plans to choose from.
- Fifteen (15) days paid time off (to be utilized as vacation or sick time)
- Ten (10) paid company holidays
- 401K and life insurance benefits. Subject to eligibility requirements
No needless hoops to jump through, apply today!