Kaleris is a private equity-backed software firm focused on supply chain optimization, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. We are a global leader in the supply chain execution market, focused on accelerating the transformation of digital supply chain for industrial and finished goods shippers and carriers by combining best-in-class solutions for challenges tied to yard management, shipment visibility, and asset management, across rail, truck, and multi-mode transportation.
We’re looking for a forward-thinking engineer to join our team in supporting and monitoring our ever-expanding Cloud platform. You will execute on our key strategic initiative of ushering the maritime industry in the modern computing era.
- Protect, maintain, and enhance the software and systems supporting Navis' cloud solutions, ensuring they consistently meet or exceed strict SLA requirements for mission-critical systems powering global trade.
- Establish and promote standardized tools, processes, and frameworks across a diverse portfolio of solutions with varying levels of maturity, complexity, and criticality.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to implement security best practices, conduct audits and testing, and share results with all stakeholders.
- Define response protocols for monitoring alerts and contribute to a growing playbook of procedures. Lead Post Incident Reviews, enforce best practices, and provide recommendations for process improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Develop automation solutions to proactively prevent problem recurrence, ultimately aiming to automate responses to all non-exceptional service conditions.
- Deliver 24/7/365 support and incident management for a portfolio of approximately a dozen Cloud SaaS solutions. Participate in on-call support to ensure stability and performance of production environments.
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps, Engineering, or Engineering in Test roles, including supporting and maintaining critical production environments.
- Demonstrated experience working with various Azure-based PaaS and SaaS services such as Azure AD, Azure SQL, BLOB storage, Redis cache, and Azure Web Services.
- Proficient in managing Microsoft Azure environments, including VMs, NSGs, and Resource Groups. Familiarity with Docker and related orchestration technologies, including Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, and Helm.
- Skilled in both Windows and Linux administration, including knowledge of bash commands such as ssh, scp, sed, awk, grep, netstat, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud security guidelines, such as Security Operation Center (SOC) guidelines, and compliance requirements like GDPR and FIS.
- Extensive knowledge of networking, including protocols, virtual networks, subnets, and firewalls.
- Strong scripting experience in languages such as Python, PowerShell, Ansible, and Terraform. Additional ability to write SQL queries and investigate DB logs is a plus.
- Understanding and practical application of methodologies like ITIL, Agile, Scrum, DevOps, and SRE.
- Proficient in monitoring and logging tools like ELK, Site 24x7, New Relic, and Splunk.
- Collaborative mindset with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in high-pressure situations, such as during major service outages.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze distributed systems on a global scale.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and ability to quickly prioritize tasks when dealing with multiple items.
Benefits & Compensation
- Competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation (Annual, Vacation, Christmas, parental leave, volunteering time off)
- Health insurance
- Life/AD&D, Voluntary Life
- Superannuation contributions
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Career growth and mentorship
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time or the scope of the position may change necessary to business demands.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at Kaleris. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*We do not accept unsolicited external resumes from outside, third-party sources*