Kaleris is a private equity-backed software firm focused on supply chain optimization, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. We are a global leader in the supply chain execution market, focused on accelerating the transformation of digital supply chain for industrial and finished goods shippers and carriers by combining best-in-class solutions for challenges tied to yard management, shipment visibility, and asset management, across rail, truck, and multi-mode transportation.
Software Engineer – Ruby on Rails
We are looking for a software engineer who brings innovation and energy to our yard management and finished vehicles logistics solutions development. If you are passionate about innovation, software development, and working with amazing people, then please let us know.
- Collaborate with team mates to formulate detailed designs, implement solutions from requirements, and estimate size of the work.
- Active participation in agile product development process and adherence to test-driven development methods
- Triage, debug and diagnose production and development integration issues
- Support product deployment, configuration, and testing
- Communicate pro-actively and listen carefully
- Work independently
- Commit to negotiated schedule
- 3+ years software development experience in Ruby on Rails implementation experience
- OO design experience and familiarity with web app frameworks such as Rails or Django
- Significant experience with SQL language
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in computer science or related
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment by learning quickly, applying new knowledge effectively, and still maintain a disciplined approach to software development
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, with remote development teams (international)
- Passion for quality and continuous improvement
- English Language proficiency is required for this role.
About Kaleris - Navis
Kaleris – Navis is the global market leader in a multi-billion dollar industry building and implementing maritime terminal operating systems, optimization and automation solutions at ports around the world. From Long Beach to Hong Kong, Dubai to Brazil, and Rotterdam to Busan, Kaleris – Navis delivers mission critical enterprise software that is at the heart of running a terminal and services to optimize operations. We are an innovative and profitable maritime platform striving to make global trade smarter, safer, and more sustainable for everyone by connecting multiple systems to support a more efficient global container flow. Most of the material goods in the world are transported in containers using our software.
Culturally, Kaleris - Navis is organized around our Guiding Principles for Success (GPS). The four MOVE Guiding Principles - Customer Motivated, Optimistic Outlook, Values Centered and Excellence Inspired will be woven into everything we do:
MOVE represents who we are, what our customers can expect from us, and what we can count on from each other.
As we bring to life our vision to build a unique platform of connected solutions that deliver operational visibility to solve tough supply chain challenges, we stand strongly behind our promise: Every Move Matters
Navis joins Kaleris as the premier brand for vessel and terminal operating solutions worldwide
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time or the scope of the position may change necessary to business demands.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at Kaleris. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
*We do not accept unsolicited external resumes from outside, third-party sources*