Kalepa is an award-winning software start-up re-imagining the trillion-dollar commercial insurance industry. Our cross-functional teams leverage AI, cutting-edge tech, and tons of data to help commercial insurance underwriters Bind with Confidence.
Why We're Here:
For hundreds of years. businesses have tried to find the right policy to protect themselves and their employees. However, commercial insurance is plagued with a big problem: it's really complicated!
Insurers find it hard to understand the true exposures of businesses and to profitably provide them with policies that reflect that risk. Businesses - like contractors, hotels, restaurants, transportation fleets, real estate lessors, and others - struggle to find the coverage they need and are often left underinsured, uninsured, or paying too much for what they need.
That's where we come in. Our AI-powered underwriting workbench - Copilot - compiles everything underwriters need, and flags the exposures they need to know about. With Copilot, underwriters can find critical information in a flash; digitize their underwriting guidelines; triage, prioritize, and track their book; and automatically read and summarize key documents, like loss runs and supplemental applications – all out of the box. This means that insurance carriers grow faster and are more profitable, and businesses get the right coverage at the right rates. It’s the way insurance should work.
Base Salary: $80K - $145K
Target Commission: $200K
Equity: 0.01% to 0.15%
Kalepa is looking for exceptional Sales Executives with 5+ years of enterprise sales experience to help spearhead our commercial growth and secure new relationships with leading US insurers. We are a VC-backed, remote-friendly startup delivering software to transform and disrupt commercial insurance. Our HQ is located in New York City.
Candidate will join a winning team and contribute directly to our rapidly growing client base. You will be expected to own the sales lifecycle and execute against Kalepa’s sales playbook: initiating contact with key decision-makers and P&L owners at large insurance carriers, demonstrating key proof points and value creation from the first sales meeting and, ultimately, negotiating initial agreements so we can land rapidly and deliver ongoing value to our clients. Kalepa’s clients include 3 of the 15 largest insurance carriers in the United States whose underwriters and underwriting leaders use Copilot to achieve Efficient Frontier Insurance: highly profitable, transparent, and fast-growing books of business.
- You have 5+ years of enterprise SaaS sales experience, driving new logo sales with top tier companies.
- You have an experience at an early-stage startup during hypergrowth
- You love to hustle: finding ways to get things done, destroying obstacles, and never taking no for an answer. The words “it can’t be done” don’t exist in your vocabulary.
- You are passionate, deeply motivated and have a strong will to win. You are excited about bringing a world-class solution to clients and to helping them win in-market.
- You are an excellent listener. You are perceptive to clients’ strategic priorities and business considerations. You serve as a trusted thought partner and always look ways to enable clients further with our Copilot solution.
- You are methodical, organized and adept at utilizing CRM and other sales tools.
- You value open, frank, and respectful communication.
As a plus:
- FinTech experience and/or experience selling into insurers
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary (based on experience level).
- Very aggressive bonus structure, designed to reward exceptional performance.
- Significant equity options package.
- Work with an ambitious, smart, global, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry.
- Ground floor opportunity – very early member of Kalepa’s sales team
- Excellent benefits: 100% covered medical, 100% covered vision and dental, very generous PTO, and others.
- Global team off-sites.
Kalepa's team members bring experience from top technology, including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Mastercard, and Uber. Kalepa is backed by IA Ventures (early investors in Datadog, Wise, Better, Digital Ocean, TheTradeDesk, Flatiron Health, Komodo Health, etc.); former Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker’s Inspired Capital; and leaders in financial services and technology, including Gokul Rajaram from Doordash, Coinbase, and Square, Jackie Reses from Square, Affirm, and Alibaba, and Henry Ward from Carta.