Kalepa is a tech-driven start-up re-imagining the trillion-dollar commercial insurance industry. Our cross-functional teams leverage AI, cutting-edge tech and tons of data to deliver the right insurance coverage at the right price for every business. We call this Efficient Frontier insurance.
Why We're Here:
For years businesses have tried to find the right policy in order to protect themselves and their employees. However, commercial insurance is plagued with a big problem...businesses and insurers don’t trust each other! .
Insurers find it hard to understand the true exposures of businesses and to profitably provide them with policies that reflect that true risk. Small and medium businesses struggle to find the coverage they need and are often left underinsured, uninsured, or paying higher rates than needed.
Our Copilot technology platform and Copilot-powered MGA combine Human and Artificial Intelligence to address this foundational issue head on, bringing commercial insurance to the Efficient Frontier where businesses and insurers work with a single version of the truth and collaborate to mitigate risk. It’s the way insurance should work.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for smart programmers who love to code, seek challenging problems and appreciate constant recognition through hard work. As a core engineer you will step into a greenfield opportunity where your efforts will have a direct impact on the world interacting with cutting edge tech including NLP, firmographic data, entity resolution and much more.
In this role you will be working on our client facing application written in react + Redux as well as backend services created in Python + pSQL. In addition, you can expect to collaborate with a global team of backend, Data , ML, and DevOps engineers who are considered polyglots flexing their ability to adapt as we scale.
You'll be right at home if you:
- Have a minimum of 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Have excellent development skills including design, debugging and problem solving.
- Enjoy building front end components including end to end design/architecture.
- You have experience in a modern FE framework – Preferably React/Redux.
- You have experience in backend development and API Design.
- You possess a bachelors or master's degree in computer science or a related field.
- We primarily use Python3 however are open to seeing your code in other OO languages (Java, C++, C#, etc).
- Experience with AWS as we work with serverless technologies and asynchronous workflow.
- Have worked with relational databases with a preference for PostgreSQL
- Have worked with some of the following tools: Docker, Git, GitHub, Flask, NumPy,Pandas.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive base salary (based on experience level).
- Significant equity options package.
- Work with an ambitious, smart, global team who enjoy a work-hard, play-hard mentality.
- Ground floor opportunity to build the foundation for an industry-changing product and tech-driven culture (Company trips, happy hours etc).
- Wide-ranging intellectual challenges spanning full-stack software development, AI / ML, and strong design.
- Kalepa's team members bring experiences from Facebook, Google, Amazon, ClassPass, Mastercard, MIT, Berkeley, UPenn, Georgia Tech, the University of Warsaw, and the Israel Defense Forces
- [For Poland] Assistance with getting the 5% tax rate on your base salary (IP BOX).