Kalepa is a tech-driven start-up re-imagining the trillion-dollar commercial insurance industry. Our cross-functional teams leverage AI, cutting-edge tech and tons of data to deliver the right insurance coverage at the right price for every business. We call this Efficient Frontier insurance.
Why we're here:
For years businesses have tried to find the right policy in order to protect themselves and their employees. However, commercial insurance is plagued with a big problem...businesses and insurers don’t trust each other! .
Insurers find it hard to understand the true exposures of businesses and to profitably provide them with policies that reflect that true risk. Small and medium businesses struggle to find the coverage they need and are often left underinsured, uninsured, or paying higher rates than needed.
Our Copilot technology platform and Copilot-powered MGA combine Human and Artificial Intelligence to address this foundational issue head on, bringing commercial insurance to the Efficient Frontier where businesses and insurers work with a single version of the truth and collaborate to mitigate risk. It’s the way insurance should work.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for smart programmers who love to code, seek challenging problems and appreciate recogntion for excellent work. As a core engineer you will step into a greenfield opportunity where your efforts will have a massive impact. You will be working on cutting edge tech including NLP, firmographic data, entity resolution and much more.
In this role you will work to solve interesting problems at the intersection of large and performant data pipelines, distributed systems, machine learning models, and robust infrastructure. You will be collaborating with a global team of full-stack, data, ML, and DevOps engineers who are considered polyglots flexing their ability to adapt as we scale.
Kalepa's team members bring experience from top technology, insurance, and intelligence institutions including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Uber, Doordash, Mastercard, Chubb, AIG, Zurich, Everest Insurance, MIT, Berkeley, UPenn, the University of Warsaw, and the Israel Defense Forces.
Kalepa is backed by IA Ventures (early investors in Datadog, Wise, Better, Digital Ocean, TheTradeDesk, Flatiron Health, Komodo Health, etc.), Former Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker’s Inspired Capital, and leaders in financial services and technology including Gokul Rajaram from Doordash, Coinbase, and Square, Jackie Reses from Square, Affirm, and Alibaba, and Henry Ward from Carta.
You'll be right at home if you:
- Have a minimum of 5+ years of relevant software engineering experience.
- Have excellent development skills including design, debugging and problem solving.
- You possess a bachelors or master's degree in computer science or a related field.
- We primarily use Python3 however are open to seeing your code in other OO languages (Java, C++, C#, etc).
- Experience with AWS as we work with serverless technologies and asynchronous workflow. (EC2, Lambda, etc.)
- Have worked with relational databases with a preference for PostgreSQL
- Love working on distributed systems creating scalable, fault-tolerant infrastructure.
- Can build data driven microservices leveraging RESTful API's.
- Have worked with some of the following tools: Docker, Git, GitHub, Flask, NumPy,Pandas.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary (based on experience level).
- Significant equity options package.
- Work with an ambitious, smart, global, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry.
- Ground floor opportunity – early member of Kalepa’s engineering team
- 20 days of PTO a year.
- Global team offsites.
- [For Poland] Assistance with getting the 10% tax rate on your base salary (IP BOX).