Kalepa is a tech-driven start-up re-imagining the trillion-dollar commercial insurance industry. Our cross-functional teams leverage AI, cutting-edge tech and tons of data to deliver the right insurance coverage at the right price for every business. We call this Efficient Frontier insurance.
Why we're here:
For years businesses have tried to find the right policy in order to protect themselves and their employees. However, commercial insurance is plagued with a big problem...businesses and insurers don’t trust each other! .
Insurers find it hard to understand the true exposures of businesses and to profitably provide them with policies that reflect that true risk. Small and medium businesses struggle to find the coverage they need and are often left underinsured, uninsured, or paying higher rates than needed.
Our Copilot technology platform and Copilot-powered MGA combine Human and Artificial Intelligence to address this foundational issue head on, bringing commercial insurance to the Efficient Frontier where businesses and insurers work with a single version of the truth and collaborate to mitigate risk. It’s the way insurance should work.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for smart programmers who love to code, seek challenging problems and appreciate recogntion for excellent work. As a core engineer you will step into a greenfield opportunity where your efforts will have a massive impact. You will be working on cutting edge tech including NLP, firmographic data, entity resolution and much more.
Kalepa's team members bring experience from top technology, insurance, and intelligence institutions including Facebook, Google, Amazon, Uber, Doordash, Mastercard, Chubb, AIG, Zurich, Everest Insurance, MIT, Berkeley, UPenn, and the Israel Defense Forces.
Kalepa is backed by IA Ventures (early investors in Datadog, Wise, Better, Digital Ocean, TheTradeDesk, Flatiron Health, Komodo Health, etc.), Former Secretary of Commerce Penny Pritzker’s Inspired Capital, and leaders in financial services and technology including Gokul Rajaram from Doordash, Coinbase, and Square, Jackie Reses from Square, Affirm, and Alibaba, and Henry Ward from Carta.
- Maintain and extend all infrastructure across several microservices in AWS (cloud native environment).
- Design and support high availability systems/high throughput services.
- Continue to enhance and develop our robust systems through monitoring and automation tools.
- Manage and develop CI/CD pipelines handling multiples releases in production per day.
- Deploy and support applications to ingest massive amounts of data in AWS.
- Lead IaC (Infrastructure as code) efforts to ensure resilient, scalable infrastructure.
- Maintain and enhance our security posture focused on our entire infrastructure and systems(Security controls, systems hardening).
- A minimum of 5+ years of relevant DevOps experience.
- Extensive experience with AWS infrastructure and managing cloud native applications.
- Advanced scripting ability using terraform, shell or python.
- Experience managing CI/CD pipelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Have worked with Github, Docker, Jenkins or other similar tools.
- Linux administrative experience
- Experience with security best practices, system hardening and implementing security controls in a cloud environment.
- Ability to learn quickly, a passion for technology.
- Strong organizational skills, including planning, prioritization and documentation.
What you’ll get:
- Competitive salary (based on experience level).
- Significant equity options package.
- Work with an ambitious, smart, global, and fun team to transform a $1T global industry.
- Ground floor opportunity – early member of Kalepa’s data science team.
- Excellent benefits: 100% covered medical, 100% covered vision and dental, and others.
- 20 days of PTO a year.
- Global team offsites.