Kaléo's "EDAG" (Enterprise Data, Applications, and Governance) team is an innovative and passionate group of technologists with strong data acquisition, data integration, and ETL backgrounds that are committed to providing the best service possible to business data stakeholders, leading ultimately to the best possible outcomes for our patients. Our engineers are challenged to solve problems in a dynamic, collaborative team environment and work directly with business leaders. As an EDAG team member, you will have exposure to a full tech stack, you will have company-sponsored learning opportunities, and you will never be bored!
A critical member of the team, the Lead Cloud Engineer is a subject matter expert who develops and manages a growing portfolio of data, custom software solutions, and cloud infrastructure. Key functions include data acquisition and pipeline development, data warehouse management, and quality operations.
This position is preferably located on site in Richmond, Virginia, but remote candidates may be considered.
As a Kaléo Lead Cloud Engineer, you will:
- Work inside AWS with a Python stack.
- Lead and/or facilitate in the design, development, management, and optimization of cloud-based applications and databases.
- Lead and/or participate in the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design through deployment, operation, and refinement.
- Support services before they go “live” through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning, and launch reviews.
- Maintain cloud infrastructure and services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and overall system health.
- Work with internal customers to translate data processing and analytics needs into reliable products, including custom software solutions.
- Build and maintain relational and non-relational databases for downstream users and applications.
- Develop solutions for the automation of repetitive tasks to benefit departments and teams across the organization.
- Optimize the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of data and software infrastructure.
- Align with Data Governance team members to ensure all products meet a standard of reliability and quality, and ensure all products are well documented.
A Kaléo Lead Cloud Engineer must have:
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate technical information to diverse audiences.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization skills; professional accountability for work and performance.
- Highly-developed data literacy and strong commitment to the promotion of a data-driven culture within organizations.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and proven ability to learn and work with new technologies.
- A results-oriented approach to work with a strong sense of urgency to meet business demands.
- The ability to work under pressure with flexibility to adapt to changing priorities.
- Superior analytical skills; the ability to identify strategic, data-based solutions to business problems.
To be considered for the position, you must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field (e.g., Mathematics, Physics, or Statistics), or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in software, analytics, or data-focused roles.
- At least 3 years of experience in a back-end development or data engineering role.
- At least 2 years of experience working with Amazon Web Services.
- Proficiency with Linux or Unix Systems, Bash Scripting, and Python coding.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational databases.
Additional preferred qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Agile Framework experience (Scrum or Kanban).
- AWS Developer or Architect Certification.