Founded in Irvine, California, in 2010, Kajabi is a leading all-in-one platform for knowledge entrepreneurs to build, market, and sell educational content. With Kajabi’s robust product features, users have a single ecosystem in which they can publish, market, and sell online courses, membership sites, communities, and other digital products. Tens of thousands of entrepreneurs rely on Kajabi to build and manage their online businesses, and the company has helped these entrepreneurs generate over $2.5 billion in sales from over 50 million customers to date. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Senior Software Engineer, Payments
We are looking for experienced engineers to join our growing team and help deliver the product vision of payments at Kajabi. This is an important hire for Kajabi as you will be a key contributor to one of the most critical products in the Kajabi ecosystem. Today, our application is powering tens of thousands of businesses with over 1B GMV annually. Kajabi is building one of the fastest-growing, category-defining products for the creator economy.
You will be responsible for designing and building our brand new Kajabi Payments platform while working with our amazing product team. You must be experienced in building highly scalable and resilient systems that can meet our customers needs and perform under load. You’ll collaborate with other engineers across the organization to solve complex, technical, and interdependent problems. You will report to the Engineering Manager of Payments.
The Impact You Will Make
- Design and develop Kajabi’s brand new payments and billing platform and tools to support payment processing.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement alternate payment methods that increases Kajabi’s offering for knowledge entrepreneurs to build their business.
- Integrate with 3rd party systems to build new solutions for Kajabi’s payment platform.
- Work cross-functionally with our product managers and designers to plan, strategize and execute against the roadmap for Kajabi payments according to our product principles - think big, start small, ship to learn, give our customers superpowers.
- Write clean, simple, well-tested code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- Review code written by other developers both in and outside of your team.
- Create reusable and maintainable systems and abstractions.
- Provide technical leadership, feedback and mentorship to mid-level and junior developers.
- Occasionally participate in customer feedback interviews led by the product manager or designer to gain insights into our customer's experience of the product.
- Serve as a point-person during work hours for one week as part of our rotating schedule.
Attributes for Success
- You’re a software engineer who cares deeply about delivering operationally excellent systems through meticulous attention to details.
- You take a thoughtful approach to decision making; knowing when to move fast and when to do things right.
- You have a results-oriented approach, with an inherent ability to solve complex problems and deliver a high-quality product.
- You feel confident architecting features without needing as much software design help, but rather take the time to ask questions about behavior and business results.
- You have deep understanding and strong experience designing and building system with object oriented programming languages.
- You are a believer in SOLID principles, automated testing, CI/CD, and keeping our platform operationally excellent.
- You've shipped, operated, scaled, and supported applications in a high traffic SaaS environment.
- You have some experience providing technical leadership in small teams.
- You have the ability to get yourself unstuck most of the time.
- You have deployment and operational experience on platforms like Heroku or AWS.
- You have experience mentoring or teaching other developers.
Bonus if you have...
- Experience building payment platforms from the ground up.
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Company paid premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for self and family
- Company sponsored HSA account
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fitness incentives package
- Company funded mental health resources
- Wellness perks
- Casual Dress
Can I work remote?
The short answer is... absolutely! The slightly longer answer is that, we have a great group of people working in our Irvine, California office and we'd love to have you working here with us too. But, we know that great people are everywhere, so if that's not possible for you, no sweat, we want to hear from you! If you are remote, we'd love to have you come visit us a few times a year, all expenses covered.
- Build and support software that makes the world a little bit better by empowering thousands of people to help millions of people get a little bit better at... just about everything: We've built a product that people from all walks of life are using to teach just about anything you can imagine, from personal development, to personal finance and investing, to software development, to yoga, or floral arrangement and everything in between and beyond. Whatever your interests, there are likely at least a few customers who are sharing that kind of knowledge with the world, using Kajabi. If you care about teaching, sharing, and helping others, consider your work at Kajabi a force multiplier that will touch the lives of millions of people. You'll learn a thing or two about what it takes to create, market, and sell digital products. You might even be inspired to make a course of your own—we'd love that!
- Work with an incredible group of human beings:"It's the people." That's what everyone seems to say when asked what they like most about working at Kajabi. It's what candidates say when they come and visit the office and meet the team for the first time. We spend a major portion of our lives at work, so above all we try to be good humans, to each other and to our customers.
- Work within a collaborative and high performing cross-functional product team: We've divided responsibility for our app across several cross-functional teams consisting of about 7 to 10 people including a product designer, QA, UX developer, and a few full-stack or backend developers.
- Join us as we enter into a new season of growth: We've been bootstrapped, profitable, and proud since day one. We launched in 2010 with an incredibly successful product. In 2016, we launched the third ground-up rebuild of our core product, one that we plan to shape and grow for many years to come. We have a stable and mature application with thousands of customers that count on us to continuously improve and support each and every feature. We've been able to build a large and successful app with a tiny team, but in this new season, we've divided up our application into more focused areas of responsibility.
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Click apply, below!
- Links - Send along any links that best showcase your experience, i.e. your portfolio, LinkedIn, blog posts, other writing samples, etc.
- Cover Letter - Please provide a cover letter that aligns directly to this role. Introduce yourself as a part of our team and tell us why you’re interested in Kajabi! Show us how you could make an impact in Kajabi’s future as well as how Kajabi can influence yours. Feel free to get creative! We are committed to providing our undivided attention to you!
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.