Founded in Irvine, California, in 2010, Kajabi is a leading all-in-one platform for knowledge entrepreneurs to build, market, and sell educational content. With Kajabi’s robust product features, users have a single ecosystem in which they can publish, market, and sell online courses, membership sites, communities, and other digital products. Tens of thousands of entrepreneurs rely on Kajabi to build and manage their online businesses, and the company has helped these entrepreneurs generate over $2.5 billion in sales from over 50 million customers to date. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Director of Product Management, Creator Tools
We are looking for an experienced product leader to help drive product development across the entire creator suite. This product vertical spans multiple domains including our flagship course and membership offering, along with our recently announced podcasts, newsletters, and coaching products. These teams are collectively responsible for some of our most strategic investments at Kajabi and are critical to the company’s continued growth.
You and your team will lead the discovery and delivery of new capabilities designed for the content creation needs of our entrepreneurs. You should have a passion for creating delightful customer solutions, enjoy speaking with customers to understand unmet needs, and have experience bringing new 0-to-1 product ideas to life using a data-informed approach. You are also someone who enjoys deeply understanding your customers, the competitive landscape, and the technology environment in which you are building your product/features.
In addition, you will oversee and execute on product strategy, goal setting, product reviews, career development, team culture, and group operations to ensure we build engaged cross-functional teams that ship great products. You enjoy supporting PMs whose teams solve complex, technical, and interdependent problems that directly affect our customers’ businesses. You will report directly to Kajabi’s VP of Product.
This is a key hire for Kajabi as you will be an important contributor to an organization that is building one of the fastest-growing, category-defining platforms in the creator economy. As it stands today, Kajabi is the ONLY integrated creator platform on the market that allows customers to build an all-encompassing membership offering across every medium. We intend to continually innovate and expand our tools to ensure that we have the most holistic all-in-one solution serving both successful and aspiring knowledge entrepreneurs.
The Impact you will make
- Evangelize a shared vision for the ‘Create’ domain and establish a product strategy for your teams that creates effective prioritization and efficient execution.
- Develop and deliver on Kajabi’s strategy around Creator Tools, spearheading multiple 0-1 bets while ensuring continual growth and engagement of our flagship offerings.
- Lead and mentor a team of product managers and senior product managers in driving customer value while delivering business outcomes.
- Work with Engineering and Design functional leads to create an efficient organization, ensure appropriate staffing and team make-up to achieve your goals, and step in to help resolve blocker in service of delivering against those goals.
- Partner with Marketing to define a GTM process to launch new products, with User Research to deeply understand customer needs and envision product solution that will lead to problem-solution fit, and eventually product market-fit, with Customer Experience to develop excellent support for our customers, and with Product Analytics to monitor user engagement to evaluate product success.
Attributes for Success
- 8+ years of experience in product management (with extensive knowledge of the problems experienced by creators). Huge bonus if you have experience working in a hyper growth environment on products that serve solopreneurs and SMBs.
- 4+ years of proven leadership managing and growing a diverse team of product managers in a cross-functional environment
- Strategic product thinker with a track record of identifying new innovative opportunities in a changing market landscape.
- Expert in applying hypothesis-driven development processes and driving user engagement through continual experimentation, iteration, and learning
- Strong 0-1 thinker, with past founder experience, or an early member of a high growth start-up. Ability to deal with ambiguity and lead the team and product towards product-market-fit, is a must
- Excellent product sense and UX design experience, with deep empathy for our customers.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency and effectiveness working closely with engineers
- Experience solving for unmet user needs (uncovered via interviews and product analytics) while balancing the demands from various stakeholders
- Strong communication, influence and cross-functional collaboration skills; able to create clarity and drive focus in complex and dynamic contexts
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the creator economy
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Company paid premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for self and family
- Company sponsored HSA account
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fitness incentives package
- Company funded mental health resources
- Wellness perks
- Casual Dress
Educational opportunities will be offered for the Director of Product Management at the discretion of the VP of Product, and could include participating in a mentorship program, training to further specific career goals, books or digital content to supplement education and attendance at conferences areas of interest and impact for Kajabi’s overall goals and your desired career goals.
The Director of Product Management will meet weekly with the VP of Product to catch up and discuss their role. The goal of these meetings is to identify areas where the company and individuals can improve, what areas they’re needing more guidance on, and where the Kajabi leadership team can lend time or resources to help meet goals. It’s also a time to discuss specific expectations and discuss any areas of concern you may have about your job or your team.
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Click apply, below!
- Links - Send along any links that best showcase your experience, i.e. your portfolio, LinkedIn, blog posts, other writing samples, etc.
- Cover Letter - Please provide a cover letter that aligns directly to this role. Introduce yourself as a part of our team and tell us why you’re interested in Kajabi! Show us how you could make an impact in Kajabi’s future as well as how Kajabi can influence yours. Feel free to get creative! We are committed to providing our undivided attention to you!
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.