Founded in Irvine, California, in 2010, Kajabi is a leading all-in-one platform for knowledge entrepreneurs to build, market, and sell educational content. With Kajabi’s robust product features, users have a single ecosystem in which they can publish, market, and sell online courses, membership sites, communities, and other digital products. Tens of thousands of entrepreneurs rely on Kajabi to build and manage their online businesses, and the company has helped these entrepreneurs generate over $2.5 billion in sales from over 50 million customers to date. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Kajabi is looking for multiple hands-on leaders to join our growing team. The ideal candidate is a coach/player with experience building and managing an engaged high-performance team, as well as senior-level experience as a software engineer. As a part of our cross-functional leadership team, you’ll lead a team of 3 to 8 developers working alongside a Product Designer, UX Developer, and Product Manager to ensure engineering excellence and timely execution in the successful launch of new and existing products.
The Impact you will make
- Work with a Product Manager to manage the roadmap for your team's product domain according to our product principles... think big, start small, ship to learn, give our customers superpowers.
- Plan, strategize, and execute on high-level product outcomes.
- Write clean, simple, well-tested code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- Review code written by other developers both in and outside of your team.
- Provide technical leadership, feedback and mentorship to the developers on your team.
- Participate in customer feedback interviews lead by the Product Manager or Product Designer to gain insights into our customer's experience of the product.
- Hold regular one on ones with all direct reports.
- Provide regular feedback on career growth, progression towards goals, areas for improvement, and praise as warranted.
- Helps set and maintain professional standards for the entire organization.
- Share hiring responsibilities with other leaders across the organization.
Attributes for Success
- You are an excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a cross-functional environment.
- You have experience managing, mentoring and teaching other developers.
- You have experience providing technical leadership in small teams.
- You feel confident architecting solutions on your own, but take the time to ask questions about behavior and business results.
- You can break apart large projects into small incremental steps and can extract the minimum viable product out of an ambitious idea.
- You've shipped, operated, scaled, and supported applications in a SaaS environment.
- You are a believer in automated testing, TDD, BDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- You are comfortable working with git and Github.
- You have deployment and operational experience on platforms like Heroku or AWS.
- You have experience with an object oriented programming language, SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Plus if you have experience working with a stack similar to ours: Ruby / Rails, Postgres, (and Sidekiq, Redis, Memcached), iOS/Swift, Android/Java.
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Company paid premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for self and family
- Company sponsored HSA account
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fitness incentives package
- Company funded mental health resources
- Wellness perks
- Casual Dress
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Click apply, below!
- Links - Send along any links that best showcase your experience, i.e. your portfolio, LinkedIn, blog posts, other writing samples, etc.
- Cover Letter - Please provide a cover letter that aligns directly to this role. Introduce yourself as a part of our team and tell us why you’re interested in Kajabi! Show us how you could make an impact in Kajabi’s future as well as how Kajabi can influence yours. Feel free to get creative! We are committed to providing our undivided attention to you!
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.