Founded in Irvine, California, in 2010, Kajabi is a leading all-in-one platform for knowledge entrepreneurs to build, market, and sell educational content. With Kajabi’s robust product features, users have a single ecosystem in which they can publish, market, and sell online courses, membership sites, communities, and other digital products. Tens of thousands of entrepreneurs rely on Kajabi to build and manage their online businesses, and the company has helped these entrepreneurs generate over $2.5 billion in sales from over 50 million customers to date. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Sr. Android Developer
Kajabi is looking for a talented Android developer to join our Mobile cross-functional product team, and drive our apps towards a greater impact for our customers. The ideal candidate is a seasoned developer with broad android development experience, a deep understanding of mobile best practices, and a good grasp on the mobile sphere architecture as a whole. As a part of our cross-functional product team, you’ll work with other Android and iOS developers as well as alongside a Dev Manager, Product Designer, and Product Manager to ensure engineering excellence and timely execution in the successful launch of new and existing mobile products.
The Impact you will make
- Work with a dedicated mobile team to design, architect, build, and maintain new and existing apps that aim to give our customers superpowers.
- Write clean, simple, well-tested code that is easy to understand and maintain.
- Review code written by other developers and offer constructive feedback.
- Provide technical leadership, platform knowledge, and a detailed knowledge of the AOSP to the developers on your team.
- Participate in or drive application architecture discussions for new features or projects.
- Collaborate with product design and UX experts in planning native application experiences that wow our customers.
- Participate in weekly one on ones with your dev manager to grow your career.
- Maintenance and updates for the continued operation of existing mobile applications.
- Focus on coding (Java or Kotlin) content-based applications that place a heavy focus on flexibility to allow for dynamic server-side changes and user-generated content.
- Build, manage, and deploy applications to the Google Play admin console and maintain closed / open betas.
- Work closely with the development team in our preferred toolset and practices (git & Github, Jira & Confluence, Firebase, Datadog, and agile-ish development practices.
Attributes for Success
- You are an excellent team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a cross-functional environment.
- You have experience creating a full app from start to finish (soup to nuts) by yourself as well as alongside other developers.
- You have experience with open source third-party libraries / dependencies and are comfortable with forking / editing a project for modularity.
- You feel confident architecting solutions on your own, but take the time to ask questions about behavior and business results.
- You can break apart large projects into small incremental steps and can extract the minimum viable product out of an ambitious idea.
- You have strong experience working with our stack: Java / Kotlin on Android, AndroidX architecture components, Firebase, and various open source libraries (ie gson, exoplayer, okhttp, retrofit, roomdb, dagger, butterknife, etc)
- You have experience with mobile platforms and can speak to high-level concepts on both Android and iOS.
- You are comfortable working with git and Github as well as managing merge conflicts.
- You believe in modularity, writing clear documentation, and a no-ego approach to coding that welcomes new and improved ideas.
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Company paid premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for self and family
- Company sponsored HSA account
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fitness incentives package
- Company funded mental health resources
- Wellness perks
- Casual Dress
Educational opportunities via a membership to O’Reilly books. Audible for topic specific work and conferences & other opportunities is approved by your manager.
Senior Android Developer will meet weekly with the Mobile Dev Manager to catch up and discuss their role. The goal of these meetings is to identify areas where the company and individuals can improve, what areas they’re needing more guidance on, and where the Kajabi leadership team can lend time or resources to help meet goals. It’s also a time to discuss specific expectations and discuss any areas of concern you may have about your job or your team.
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Click apply, below!
- Links - Send along any links that best showcase your experience, i.e. your portfolio, LinkedIn, blog posts, other writing samples, etc.
- Cover Letter - Please provide a cover letter that aligns directly to this role. Introduce yourself as a part of our team and tell us why you’re interested in Kajabi! Show us how you could make an impact in Kajabi’s future as well as how Kajabi can influence yours. Feel free to get creative! We are committed to providing our undivided attention to you!
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.