Founded in Irvine, California, in 2010, Kajabi is a leading all-in-one platform for knowledge entrepreneurs to build, market, and sell educational content. With Kajabi’s robust product features, users have a single ecosystem in which they can publish, market, and sell online courses, membership sites, communities, and other digital products. Tens of thousands of entrepreneurs rely on Kajabi to build and manage their online businesses, and the company has helped these entrepreneurs generate over $2.5 billion in sales from over 50 million customers to date. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Senior Software Engineer, Website and Themes (Remote)
Themes in Kajabi are built in Liquid, which enables customers to have full control over page customizations. Additionally, there is a WYSIWYG-style page customization experience available for customers who are not technically inclined.
There is a lot going on in the Themes Team and we want you to help us make editing pages on Kajabi fast, easy, intuitive and fun! There is no shortage of ideas to improve UX, backend functionality, introduce APIs, work with 3rd party developers and the list goes on. Much of the work in the upcoming year and beyond is going to be React-heavy, so we’re looking for a candidate who has excellent React skills and experience with related tooling. Additionally, there will be supporting work in our Rails monolith, so experience with Rails is also required.
The Impact You Will Make
- Work within a cross-functional product team to execute on the roadmap for your team's product domain according to our product principles... think big, start small, ship to learn, give our customers superpowers
- Write clean, simple, well-tested code that is easy to understand and maintain
- Review code written by other developers both in and outside of your team
- Provide technical leadership, feedback and mentorship to mid-level and junior developers
- Occasionally participate in customer feedback interviews lead by the product manager or designer to gain insights into our customer's experience of the product
- Serve as a point-person during work hours for one week as part of our rotating schedule
Attributes for Success
- You feel confident architecting features without needing as much software design help, but rather take the time to ask questions about behavior and business results
- You can break apart large projects into small incremental steps and can extract the minimum viable product out of an ambitious idea
- You can design and build features for scale and resiliency
- You have strong experience working with our stack: Ruby / Rails, Postgres (and Sidekiq, Redis, Memcached), React, Webpack, Babel, ES6 & ES5
- You are a believer in automated testing, TDD, BDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery
- You are comfortable working with git and Github
- You've shipped, operated, scaled, and supported applications in a SaaS environment
- You have the ability to get yourself unstuck most of the time
- You have deployment and operational experience on platforms like Heroku or AWS
- You have experience mentoring or teaching other developers
- You aren’t afraid to get into a legacy codebase and help polish, fix bugs and generally leave it better than you found it
- Bonus: You have experience working with React
- Bonus: You have experience working with the Liquid templating system
- Bonus: You have experience building versioned public APIs
- Bonus: An appetite to learn new things and work with a great group of people
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Company paid premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for self and family
- Company sponsored HSA account
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fitness incentives package
- Company funded mental health resources
- Wellness perks
- Casual Dress
Can I work remote?
The short answer is... absolutely! The slightly longer answer is that, we have a great group of people working in our Irvine, California office and we'd love to have you working here with us too. But, we know that great people are everywhere, so if that's not possible for you, no sweat, we want to hear from you! If you are remote, we'd love to have you come visit us a few times a year, all expenses covered.
- Build and support software that makes the world a little bit better by empowering thousands of people to help millions of people get a little bit better at... just about everything: We've built a product that people from all walks of life are using to teach just about anything you can imagine, from personal development, to personal finance and investing, to software development, to yoga, or floral arrangement and everything in between and beyond. Whatever your interests, there are likely at least a few customers who are sharing that kind of knowledge with the world, using Kajabi. If you care about teaching, sharing, and helping others, consider your work at Kajabi a force multiplier that will touch the lives of millions of people. You'll learn a thing or two about what it takes to create, market, and sell digital products. You might even be inspired to make a course of your own—we'd love that!
- Work with an incredible group of human beings:"It's the people." That's what everyone seems to say when asked what they like most about working at Kajabi. It's what candidates say when they come and visit the office and meet the team for the first time. We spend a major portion of our lives at work, so above all we try to be good humans, to each other and to our customers.
- Work within a collaborative and high performing cross-functional product team: We've divided responsibility for our app across several cross-functional teams consisting of about 7 to 10 people including a product designer, QA, UX developer, and a few full-stack or backend developers.
- Join us as we enter into a new season of growth: We've been bootstrapped, profitable, and proud since day one. We launched in 2010 with an incredibly successful product. In 2016, we launched the third ground-up rebuild of our core product, one that we plan to shape and grow for many years to come. We have a stable and mature application with thousands of customers that count on us to continuously improve and support each and every feature. We've been able to build a large and successful app with a tiny team, but in this new season, we've divided up our application into more focused areas of responsibility.
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? Click apply, below!
- Links - Send along any links that best showcase your experience, i.e. your portfolio, LinkedIn, blog posts, other writing samples, etc.
- Cover Letter - Please provide a cover letter that aligns directly to this role. Introduce yourself as a part of our team and tell us why you’re interested in Kajabi! Show us how you could make an impact in Kajabi’s future as well as how Kajabi can influence yours. Feel free to get creative! We are committed to providing our undivided attention to you!
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.