Founded in Irvine, California, in 2010, Kajabi is a leading all-in-one platform for knowledge entrepreneurs to build, market, and sell educational content. With Kajabi’s robust product features, users have a single ecosystem in which they can publish, market, and sell online courses, membership sites, communities, and other digital products. Tens of thousands of entrepreneurs rely on Kajabi to build and manage their online businesses, and the company has helped these entrepreneurs generate over $2.5 billion in sales from over 50 million customers to date. Learn more at www.kajabi.com.
Senior Software Engineer - Messaging Team (Remote)
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to design and build data driven features and level-up the team’s distributed systems development and DevOps skills. The cross functional Messaging team owns the high throughput marketing product features on the Kajabi platform including scheduled email delivery and associated metrics. We own the full stack of our domain from customer facing UI to backend infrastructure. With the support of your team, you will be expected to design and implement both new customer facing features as well as complex migrations from fairly standard Ruby on Rails stack to selected AWS backed distributed services.
The team you will join is a collaborative bunch. We value open conversation and default to collaboration when solving new problems. We’ll look to you to bring your DevOps and recent full-stack development expertise to the team, but you will never feel alone in your efforts.
The Impact you will make
- Empower knowledge entrepreneurs to achieve successful online businesses
- Solve complex scalability issues, processing millions of request a day, with long-term thinking to co-own the platform you want to extend and maintain for years to come, while delighting our customers
- Plan, strategize, and execute on technical and product outcomes
- Use your data analysis skills to find and recommend platform changes
- Provide technical and cultural leadership, feedback and mentorship to mid-level developers and your peers
- Level-up the existing team’s DevOps skills in infrastructure management, observability, as well as bring distributed system design skills to the team
- Write clean, simple, well-tested, performant code that is easy to understand and maintain
- Collaborate across diverse groups to ensure smooth project delivery for large cross team projects
- Advocate for the highest quality of work through unit testing, automation testing and monitoring
Attributes for Success
- Experience with AWS data and distributed computing services such as Kinesis, Step Functions, Lambda, Batch, SQS, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, Athena
- Experience with analytics databases, ETL processing and BI tools such as Snowflake, Redshift, and Looker
- Experience or interest in provisioning cloud infrastructure, ideally with Terraform
- Experience operating a 24/7 SaaS app in a high traffic production environment
- You can break apart large scopes into small incremental steps and can extract the minimum viable product out of an ambitious idea
- Experience providing technical and cultural leadership on small teams
- Consistently refactor code, systems and processes incrementally
- You’re excited by the prospect of building an event driven system
- Value and practice SOLID design principles
- Value test automation and the CI/CD pipelines
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Bonus for past experience on super collaborative projects or pair programming
- Bonus for email delivery experience
Kajabi Team Benefits Package
- Company paid premiums for medical, dental and vision insurance for self and family
- Company sponsored HSA account
- Company 401K, 100% match up-to 6% of employee contributions
- Flexible vacation policy
- Fitness incentives package
- Company funded mental health resources
- Wellness perks
- Casual Dress
How To Apply
Sound like a good fit for you? We’re excited to hear from you! Click apply, below!
- Cover Letter - Please provide a cover letter that aligns directly to this role. Introduce yourself as a part of our team and tell us why you’re interested in Kajabi! Show us how you could make an impact in Kajabi’s future as well as how Kajabi can influence yours. Feel free to get creative! We are committed to providing our undivided attention to you!
Kajabi LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.