We are Kaizen Gaming
Kaizen Gaming is the leading GameTech company in Greece and one of the fastest-growing in Europe. Being International with a local approach, the company is currently operating in 6 countries, with the Stoiximan brand in Greece and Cyprus, and with its international brand, Betano in Germany, Romania, Portugal, and recently in Brazil. Our aim is to leverage cutting-edge Technology in order to provide the optimum experience to those who trust us for their entertainment.
With people at the core of everything we do, our team of 800+ talented and enthusiastic people fuels our international expansion with their passion, maintaining an "eyes-on-the-customer" approach and a unique OneTeam spirit. Continuous improvement is what we strive for, from professional development to team-bonding activities, while being efficient and making things happen is what our team's minds are set on.
Responsibility has been in our DNA right from the start of our operations, back in 2013. Our wide product offering is adapting to our customers' needs while ensuring that it remains a solely recreational activity. To this end, besides our extensive sports sponsorships program across markets that vary from popular teams to Olympic Champions, we also deploy a social responsibility program that focuses on Technology, Safetainment, and Sports.
We’re looking for a passionate and ambitious Senior Big Data Engineer who can find creative solutions to challenging problems to join our Big Data team. As a Senior Big Data Engineer, you’ll create and manage our data infrastructure and tools and implement new integrations/pipelines with various systems.
Our Big Data team consists of five members with diverse backgrounds and expertise in several fields, including but not limited to, Databricks/ Delta lake/ SQL Server/ Azure Data Warehouse/ SSRS/ SSIS.
- Design, implement and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for analytics and data science;
- Implement data ingestion routines, both real-time and batch using best practices in data modeling, ETL/ELT processes by leveraging Azure technologies and big data tools;
- Translate business and functional requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions, with a flexible and adaptable data architecture;
- Collaborate with engineers to help adopt best practices in data system creation, data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation;
- Collaborate with scientists to create fast and efficient algorithms that exploit our rich data sets for optimization, statistical analysis, prediction, clustering, and machine learning;
- Help continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service modeling and production support for customers.
- 3+ years of experience with a solid experience in ETL/ELT, data modeling, data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, and reporting/analytic tools;
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in writing complex, highly-optimized SQL queries across large data sets;
- 3-5 years of experience in either Scala/Java or Python programming;
- Advanced analytical abilities & problem-solving skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines with high attention to detail and quality;
Nice to have:
- A bachelor's degree in a quantitative/technical field (e.g. Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering) or equivalent industry experience;
- Experience with Azure Data platforms such as Databricks, Data Lake, Synapse Analytics, Azure SQL DW, Analysis Services;
- Experience in architecting data lake and cloud data warehouses;
- Experience with big data technologies (such as Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, Hive, etc.);
- Experience in leading and delivering end-to-end projects;
- Exciting & friendly work environment;
- Career & competencies' development;
- Continuous training;
- Flexible working conditions;
- Competitive salary package & bonus;
- Internal competitions & rewards;
- Team medical & life insurance;
- Commuting expenses.
Equal Opportunity and Workplace Diversity
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. Our people are our strongest asset and we focus on attracting and keeping key talent to meet our goals. We acknowledge that all that we have achieved thus far, is nothing less than the solid outcome of our people and their unique talents.
We are therefore committed to fostering an environment of mutual respect where equal opportunities are available to all applicants and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, colour, religion, creed, gender, pregnancy, national origin, nationality, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation and any other diversities.
In our last Employee Engagement survey, we pride ourselves on having achieved a score of 94% on diversity, indicating that our employees feel that they are treated fairly regardless of their age, gender, family status, race, national origin, nationality, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
Regarding the data you share with us, you may find and read our Recruitment Privacy Notice.