Kaiser Associates’ Private Equity practice is seeking an experienced Vice President with proven business development, client management, and team management skills to drive success of the practice and its blue-chip clients. Our Private Equity / M&A practice supports a world class client base of leading Private Equity firms and tier-1 Corporate Development (M&A) clients in the commercial due diligence solution area.
This VP position offers a unique entrepreneurial experience for a candidate who has led a team with demonstrated success in winning and advising new clients and has a deep understanding of the market and business issues that impact commercial diligence efforts.
Kaiser’s meritocratic and results-driven environment offers unparalleled personal and professional growth opportunities for high-performers who acquire and develop a strong client base. This role presents the opportunity to take a strong leadership role within our PE / M&A Practice and to create a personal path to a Partner at Kaiser Associates.
- Support the growth of our Private Equity / M&A practice by executing a systematic approach to business development that wins new clients and supports the growth of current core clients
- Support engagement delivery in the specific solution area of commercial due diligence
- Motivate, coach and serve as a role model for practice team members
- Cultivate and manage senior level client relationships
- Manage and provide officer-level input in client deliverables and client meetings
- Support development of intellectual capital to emphasize Kaiser’s unique value proposition in the marketplace
- Develop, and execute upon, practice plan to drive growth goals
- Provide thought leadership and innovation within the Private Equity/M&A practice
- Leverage institutional knowledge, subject-matter expertise and broad business acumen to drive superior project outcomes
- Manage profitability at the project and practice level
- 7-10 years of private equity consulting experience; at least 5 years at a top strategy consulting firm with a focus on addressing commercial diligence requirements
- An extensive network of contacts and current client relationships within the Private Equity sector
- MBA and undergraduate degree from a leading university
- Executive-level presence and communication
- High level of self-motivation and energy, including ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills and exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills
- Confidence, maturity and poise, as well as positive, “can do” attitude
- Comfort working with and leading groups, as well as sensitivity to individual, group and organizational dynamics
- Creative, “big picture” thinking while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks (BD, client management, project management, team management, firm leadership)