Kaiser’s Financial Services & Payments practice is seeking an experienced Vice President with proven business development, client management, and team management skills to drive success of the practice and to support its aggressive growth plans.
Our Financial Services & Payments practice supports some of the largest companies in the space, with clients spanning six continents, in developing effective commercial growth and profit strategies, with offerings in the specific solution areas of market opportunity assessment, go-to-market strategies, competitive strategy, and product commercialization.
This VP position offers a unique entrepreneurial experience for a candidate who has been part of a team with demonstrated success in advising and winning new large enterprise clients, and who understands financial services and payments, as well as associated market and business issues. This position provides the opportunity to step out, lead a team, and experience the benefits that come with a more rewarding career trajectory – including a genuine and rewarding path to Partner.
Kaiser’s meritocratic and results-driven environment offers unparalleled personal and professional growth opportunities for high-performers who acquire and develop a strong client base. This role presents the opportunity to take a strong leadership role within our Financial Services & Payments Practice and to create a personal path to a Partner at Kaiser Associates.
- Support the growth of our Financial Services & Payments practice offerings in the specific solution areas market opportunity assessment, go to market strategies, competitive strategy, and product commercialization
- Design a systematic business development approach to growing core clients while obtaining and managing new clients
- Motivate, coach and serve as a role model for practice team members
- Cultivate and manage senior level client relationships
- Manage and provide officer-level input in client deliverables and client meetings
- Support development of intellectual capital to emphasize Kaiser’s unique value proposition in the marketplace
- Develop, and execute upon, practice plan to drive growth goals
- Provide thought leadership and innovation within the Financial Services & Payments practice
- Leverage institutional knowledge, subject-matter expertise and broad business acumen to drive superior project outcomes
- Manage profitability at the project and practice level
- 7-10 years of consulting experience with a leading business strategy consulting firm
- Demonstrated business development success within a management consulting context, with proven abilities to attract, acquire, and develop client relationships
- MBA or similar post-graduate degree from a top program required
- An established and strong network within the Financial Services & Payments sector
- Executive-level presence and communication
- High level of self-motivation and energy, including ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Confidence, maturity and poise, as well as positive, “can do” attitude
- Comfort working with and leading groups, as well as sensitivity to individual, group and organizational dynamics
- Creative, “big picture” thinking while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks (business development, client management, project management, team management, firm leadership)