Kx Advisors provides strategic support to executives at leading Pharmaceutical, Medicine Device, and Health IT companies, and is regularly ranked among the top 10 Healthcare Consulting firms by Vault.
Our healthcare practice is seeking an ambitious, entrepreneurial Manager who is energized by solving complex business problems for leading Life Sciences corporations. Combining strategy consulting expertise with knowledge of the Life Sciences industry, this Manager will be responsible for leading engagement teams to develop insights and recommendations that address our clients' most pressing issues.
The Manager position offers diverse experiences designing and building innovative go-to-market models, testing disruptive market concepts, and evaluating new growth strategies, including M&A opportunities.
At Kx, Managers balance their day-to-day responsibilities between project management, project delivery, and supporting business development. Most importantly, Managers are responsible for the quality of our client advice an supporting work. As core member of the Kx Advisors, a Manager will also be asked to engage in practice planning discussions and support aspects of business development and client relationship management for the team.
This position offers a unique entrepreneurial opportunity within the context of an established consulting firm. Our collegial and results-driven environment offers unparalleled personal and professional growth opportunities for high performers.
- Managing engagements from start to finish, including team oversight and preparation of documents for client presentations.
- Analyzing research and client-provided information to develop engaging, fact-based, actionable insights and recommendations
- Writing client-ready presentations and delivering powerful, effective business presentations
- Conducting clients interviews and research
- Serving as key point of contact between team, senior officers of the firm, and clients
- Balancing project management, project delivery, client relationship responsibilities and supporting business development
- Engaging in practice planning discussions, including practice strategy and marketing discussion
- Responsible for professional development of team members
- 4-5 years of consulting experience at a leading Healthcare/ Life Sciences consulting firm
- MBA, PhD or other advanced degree preferred; undergraduate degree in Science, Health, or Business discipline required
- Experience managing a team of consultants and engagement delivery
- Leadership and project management experience
- Quantitative modelling and forecasting
- Experience working with senior business leaders
- Experience working on business issues within Healthcare
Additional Qualifications for Success:
- Reliable and conscientious, with keen attention to detail
- High level of self-motivation and energy
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
- Strong business acumen
- Confidence, maturity and poise
- Comfort working with and leading groups
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- "Big picture" strategic thinking
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills
- Sensitivity to individual, group and organizational dynamics
- Positive, "can do" attitude
- Ability to synthesize data and draw logical conclusions
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Creative thinker