Kaiser Associates’ Private Equity practice is seeking to expand its ranks with an ambitious and motivated Senior Consultant who is energized by solving complex problems. Our work leverages data analysis, primary and secondary research, and knowledge/learnings from previous engagements to support a world class client base of leading Private Equity firms and tier-1 Corporate Development (M&A) clients in the commercial due diligence solution area.
At Kaiser, Senior Consultants balance their day-to-day responsibilities between project delivery, project management, and supporting business development. Most importantly, Senior Consultants are responsible for the quality of our client advice and supporting work. As a core member of our Private Equity practice, a Senior Consultant will also be asked to engage in practice planning discussions and support aspects of business development and client relationship management for the team.
This position offers a unique entrepreneurial opportunity within the context of an established consulting firm. Our collegial and results-driven environment offers unparalleled personal and professional growth opportunities for high-performers.
- Balancing project delivery, project management, client relationship responsibilities and supporting business development
- Translate client needs into a systematic, objective, and exhaustive research plan that utilizes appropriate sources, including primary, secondary, internal, and external sources
- Maintain accountability for data integrity, relevancy, and soundness throughout the research process and ensure project deadlines are met
- Use qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques and robust problem-solving approaches to distill research into actionable and compelling conclusions
- Effectively communicate conclusions to clients through the creation of creative and impactful presentations
- Serve as a resource for clients throughout the engagement by answering inquiries and facilitating portions of client meetings, depending on project needs
- Conduct client interviews and research
- Develop and bring thought leadership to bear for business development purposes with existing and new clients
- Engage in practice planning discussions, including practice strategy and marketing discussion
- 2-4 years of consulting experience in the ‘Consultant’ or ‘Senior Consultant’ role at a top strategy consulting firm supporting commercial due diligence engagements, consumer surveys, and thought pieces.
- Undergraduate from a leading university or college required; MBA or Master’s degree in a related discipline a plus
- Research and analysis experience, with demonstrated ability to synthesize data and draw accurate, logical conclusions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong business writing competencies
- Capability to work in the deal environment across different industry sectors.
- Ability to travel to support client engagements on an occasional basis (Kaiser projects are generally NOT Monday-Thursday travel)
Additional Qualifications for Success:
- High level of self-motivation and energy, including ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical skills
- Confidence, maturity and poise, as well as positive, “can do” attitude
- Comfort working with groups, as well as sensitivity to individual, group and organizational dynamics
- Creative, “big picture” thinking while maintaining keen attention to detail
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Superb computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word)