As a physical therapist at Kaia Health, you will be responsible for assessing MSK issues and leading our clinical team interactions with app users. The Kaia app provides robust treatment for MSK pain and is available to people who may not have access to appropriate biopsychosocial treatment in a clinic, due to time, geography or cost constraints. As a member of the Kaia team, you will assist users in their journey with Kaia’s app-based MSK pain program, when 1:1 consultation is needed. Ideally you have worked with fast-paced technology start-up(s) previously, using your clinical excellence to enhance the lives of virtual patients. You must also demonstrate a keen interest in pain science and have experience with treatment in the biopsychosocial model, consistent with IASP recommendations.
What You'll Do
- 1:1 consultations with app users
- Evaluate a variety of MSK conditions using virtual tools, and provide ongoing consultation and partnership care as needed.
- Use of proprietary computer vision technology in delivering next-generation MSK care.
- Document all visits, interactions, and technology actions
- Participate in all required onboarding and training activities
- Implement clinical protocols and processes involving clinical workflows
- Independently maintain state licensure in all of the states presented initially
- Potential opportunities for involvement in clinical development activities at Kaia Health.
- Function as a key member of the operations team, providing MSK expertise to internal stakeholders as needed.
What You'll Need
- We are looking for a DPT with multiple states licenses, preferably in some (or all!) of these states: CA, GA, IL, IN, MA, MI, NY, PA, SC, SD, VT, WA, NJ
- Eligible to practice in a Direct Access role in your jurisdiction
- Obtain and maintain licensure in multiple states, with financial assistance by Kaia on a case by case basis
- 3+ years clinical experience as an outpatient physical therapist in a group or hospital practice
- Strong experience in evidence-based MSK evaluation and treatment.
- Experience providing care remotely and problem solving using secure video platforms
- Ability to learn and effectively use a variety of clinical and non-clinical software applications
- Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment where change and multitasking are routine
- Flexible thinking and team orientation with ability to problem solve remotely and across time zones
- Schedule flexibility to accommodate different time zones.
- Have authorization to work in the US
What is nice to have
- More than 3 state licenses
- Deep interest and knowledge in the analysis of clinical outcomes
- APTA clinical specialist board certification(s).
- Bilingual fluency (Spanish/English)
The range of the base salary is $90,000k-100,000k, which is just part of our competitive compensation/benefits package (more details listed below!) Please note that individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, competencies and work location. We also offer a generous educational/personal development budget!
***Please note that Kaia Health only hires in the following US states: New Hampshire, Colorado, Arizona, North Carolina, Illinois, Texas, Massachusetts, South Carolina, Connecticut, Florida, California, Indiana, Virginia, New Jersey, New York, Georgia
- You can directly influence the future of digital health in a team of industry experts and digital shapers.
- You will work alongside serial entrepreneurs (previously founded and scaled another startup, Foodora).
- You’ll enjoy accessible leaders, a hybrid (home/office) or remote work environment, and flexible vacation and working times.
- We support your professional development and have a budget and PTO set aside for you just for that!
- Happy hours, team events, and knowledge-sharing sessions.
- Join us if you’re looking for an entrepreneurial adventure and an exciting place to grow personally and professionally.
What we offer in the US:
- A competitive salary
- 100% 401k match up to 5% of yearly base salary, with vest starting on day 1
- Kaia offers Health care options where employees are 100% covered and dependents are 75% covered
- Flexible PTO policy
- Parental leave coverage up to 4 months-eligible on day one
- Ability to work 100% remote + access to HQ in NYC and coworking spaces across the US (and Europe!)
- Team events & Offsites in both US and Europe
- $1,500 annual personal development budget + 4 days off per year to dedicate to personal development
- Choice of several Macbook or Lenovo laptops
- $600 for ancillary equipment
- two free meals a week if you come into office