About the Opportunity
We are looking for Haskell engineers who are interested in further developing Kadena’s public blockchain and settlement layer, Chainweb. The settlement layer is at once a consensus mechanism along with everything needed to execute and settle transactions using Kadena’s native smart contract language, Pact.
We are looking for well-rounded junior-mid level candidates, ideally with some exposure to functional programming languages such as Haskell, or Ocaml.
This position will report directly to our Head of Core Engineering, with the opportunity to grow with the role and company.
How You'll Make An Impact
- Collaborate in the design, implementation, deployment, and maintenance of business-critical software.
- Improve the stability and performance of our blockchain and its networking layers
- Capture and analyze system logs and performance metrics from production environments to diagnose and solve issues.
- Metrize, optimize, and improve the performance of transactions executed on the public blockchain.
What Sets You Apart
- We’re interested in candidates who have or are interested in gaining production experience building widely distributed, fault-tolerant systems.
- If you have a distributed system background, we’re interested in improving our P2P network layer, how transactions are gossiped through the network, proving properties of our expander graph solution to sharding, and refining the tools by which we monitor and assess overall network health.
- If you have a background working in blockchain we are interested in expertise at costing the block-making algorithm, making tokenomics decisions, and working with systems that extend the capabilities of L1 by involving proof-connected L2 systems.
- If you have experience building languages, we are interested in individuals who would like to step up to building and working on production-quality languages, as well as their compilers, execution layers and the various accouterments of their usage in the blockchain space.
- We’re particularly interested in people who are sold on the benefits of reasoning in a functional program setting, and enthusiastic about the prospect of learning the Haskell language more deeply.
Kadena requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Kadena considers requests for reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons pursuant to applicable law.
What We Offer
This role has an annual starting salary range of $120,000 - $180,000 + benefits listed below. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to your individual skills and experience.
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full-time employees
- Flexible savings accounts
- Company coin options
- Unlimited PTO (and a culture of taking time off) + Holidays
- Company wide closure between Christmas and New Years
- Remote company with annual in-person offsite
- Home office setup stipend
Who We Are
Kadena is the industry’s only scalable layer 1 Proof of Work (PoW) blockchain. The principal feature that drives Kadena is scalability, which enables Kadena to deliver infrastructure-grade performance for any blockchain project. Along with our own smart contract language Pact, Kadena's platform provides the world the tools and environment to turn ideas and ambitions into reality. Founded by Stuart Popejoy and William Martino who created JP Morgan’s first blockchain and led the SEC’s Crypto Committee, Kadena aims to allow for true blockchain mass adoption.
At Kadena, we value diversity, curiosity, a work/life balance, kindness, and teamwork.
Our Commitment to You
At Kadena we know that cultivating diversity and fostering an inclusive work environment is critical to our impact and success. We create an environment where no individual is advantaged or disadvantaged because of their background. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
With a commitment to maintaining a bias-free environment in which harassment is prohibited, we respect cultural diversity and comply with the laws of the places in which we operate. We expect our business partners, suppliers, clients, and all of our team members to uphold these commitments.