Kadena is hiring an Operations Lead familiar with building and managing capability development plans as we scale our business in the domains of product, service and operations.
Kadena is building the leading blockchain platform for businesses and enterprises by solving scalability and security concerns that impede widespread blockchain adoption. Founded by the same lead engineers who founded JP Morgan’s blockchain capabilities, Kadena is taking our next generation solution into the marketplace. We already have a number of projects underway at Fortune 500 clients, and excitedly in the midst of launching our global public blockchain, Chainweb. We value diversity, curiosity, a work/life balance and teamwork.
As an early stage startup, we have many competing requirements for our time across fundraising, product development, technology delivery, sales management, and operations. The Operations Lead is a critical and high-profile position within Kadena responsible for ensuring that business operations and controls are developed and evolved as the company grows in size. A successful candidate will be experienced in setting up operations that balance the need for structure with the dynamic realities of a small organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for improving, devising and rolling out new operational processes, across a range of areas including:
- Financial operations management (budget management, vendor management, burn rates, financial reporting to the board and investors, liaising and managing accounting providers, ensuring adequate travel and expense controls are in place and sufficiently managed), in partnership with the financial comptroller
- Commercial operations management (ensure best practices are upheld for contracting with vendors and clients, standardization of commercials, following up on status of key commercial opportunities, document management)
- Sales, contact, opportunity management (help define a process for identification, selection and implementation of client and community building opportunities, identifying and solving bottlenecks)
- Resourcing - ensuring good communication and reporting standards for internal and external resource management
- Build planning, reporting and control frameworks to enable tracking, control and management across:
- Capability milestones
- Budget (forecast and actuals)
- Risks, Issues, Assumptions, Mitigations, Actions
- Client opportunity qualification and assessment
- Compliance, enterprise risk
- Develop capability roadmaps, in consultation with product and divisional owners
- Prepare status reports, and c-suite materials
- Prepare documents for investor relations, corporate governance and advisory panel purposes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Self starter and pro-active
- Excellent roadmap development and communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills, e.g. drafting budgets, calculating burn rates etc.
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- You understand the significance and appropriate use of tone and mediums based on circumstance and audience
- Have the ability to tell a story about the status and numbers
- You know now to communicate to a c-suite and investor audience
- Strong stakeholder management
- Strong organizational skills
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full time employees
- Flexible savings accounts
- Company stock/coin options
- Flexible vacation time
- Dog-friendly office