JW Player is looking for a creative, driven, and forward-thinking product manager with excellent interpersonal skills to help drive our Media Engineering products. In this role, you will work with a team of video engineers, front-end developers, designers, and QA to maintain, grow, and enhance the media workflow product within JW Platform. Our Media Engineering team manages millions of new assets uploaded and created with JW Platform every month. Our responsibilities include our upload and ingest, transcoding, live streaming, and media intelligence (machine learning) products.
You will drive our product vision and strategy for new and existing functionality relating to a subset of our Media Engineering products. The ideal candidate is or has been a product manager with experience in online video, video asset management, transcoding, video technologies and codecs, and experience in creating user-facing web application with amazing user experience and design. The ideal candidate has also created products that are delivered at scale and have worked with customers to solve their unique needs.
Our ownership culture allows you to manage your own timelines, innovate and manage our products, all while being a part of the fastest growing tech industry out there--the online video space. Working as a Product Manager at JW Player gives you an opportunity to interact with engineering, sales, marketing, support, and more than a million customers—ranging from small scale to enterprise level. You will also have the opportunity to take customer feedback and ensure the that the next generation of video technology address their needs.
- Partner with engineering to drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Define and execute product vision and strategy for existing and/or new product
- Work with multiple stakeholders, both internal (sales, marketing, product, engineering, etc) and external (customers, partners) to gather and prioritize product/feature requirements
- Collaborate with others Product Managers, UX/UI Designers and Engineering teams to deliver product functionality
- Act as Product Owner & Product Manager in an Agile product development process
- Be a technical liaison to Support Team and respond to high priority debugging and customer questions
- Project management skills -- responsibility for the overall planning, execution and success of technical projects
- Review and write functional specifications to communicate and guide product development
- Integrate and analyze product usage to continually optimize performance and user experience
- Set and manage KPIs for product growth to help attain company goals
- Provide sales, support & API documentation for internal (marketing, sales) and external (customers, developers) consumers
- Work closely with delivery and platform teams to maintain and optimize the fastest video playback experience everywhere
- Motivated, self starter with a proven track record of taking products to market from idea conception to launch in a fast-paced environment
- Technical background proven through experience or education
- 2-3 years of product management or relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with defining/describing the technical & business requirements of SaaS platforms, API integrations, etc.
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills, with the ability to adapt to a changing environment
- Experience with the agile product process from the product management perspective, either as a product manager/owner or as a product-managing engineer
- Product management experience in media or related industry
- Proven technical writing skills
- Familiarity with adaptive bitrate streaming standards and solutions
- Video streaming & transcoding experience
JW Player is venture-funded, online video software company centrally located in Manhattan. Our team culture allows you to manage your own timelines and projects while being a part of the fastest growing tech industry—online video. Our flagship product, the JW Player, is deployed on over 2 million websites and streams billions of videos each month. It is used by a diverse group of publishers, ranging from Fortune 500 companies to individual bloggers. Our family of products also include video management, ads and analytics data; all key components of the video stack for publishers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.