Over half a billion videos are watched across millions of websites on a JW Player video player every day. Our product teams leverage data coming from our player to measure success, prioritize our next steps, and envision new possibilities for the thousands of video publishers we serve daily across the web. We iterate quickly, conduct frequent experiments as part of product development, and seek to be data driven in everything we do.
As a Product Analyst on the JW Player Data Science & Product Analytics team, you will work closely with product managers, engineers, and data scientists to develop insights that inform product decisions and strategy. Your findings will impact the next generation of JW Player products, from our flagship video player and video platform to our video recommendations service and other data products. You’ll play a critical role in improving these products and guiding our future development efforts.
As a Product Analyst, you will:
- Work closely with Product Managers to answer key questions about a variety of JW Player products for video publishers and advertisers
- Use data to drive decision making and inform product development priorities
- Collaborate with other members of the Data Science team on R&D
- Evaluate and define metrics for product performance and adoption
- Democratize data by building and sharing tools and dashboards
- Envision and define requirements for new data sources
- Plan, execute, and analyze controlled experiments
We’re excited about candidates who have:
- 2+ years industry experience in data analytics, business intelligence, or a related role
- A degree in an analytical field such as (but not limited to!) statistics, computer science, mathematics, operations research, psychology, engineering, economics
- SQL fluency
- Experience analyzing large datasets & using data visualization tools
- Good organization skills, ability to lead multidisciplinary projects
- Strong communication skills and the ability to explain complex information to non-technical audiences
- Strong business knowledge
- Advanced degree
- Experience with Python or R for data analysis and/or modeling
- Familiarity with statistical modeling, machine learning
- Knowledge of video, video advertising
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience with Looker
- Experience as a Product Analyst
- Experience engineering analytics pipelines
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Biannual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.