With over 2 million websites using our web player, we know a thing or two about making video easy for developers to work with. Our mobile SDKs aim to provide those same world-class video tools to native app developers building Android applications.
As a Senior Mobile Software Engineer on the JW Player Mobile team, you will use your skills to enhance our JW Player SDK for Android, which enables developers to easily build video and audio playback experiences into any Android application.
We’re not looking to make the next cool app -- we’re looking to enable the next thousand cool apps (and beyond) to build engaging video experiences.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to deliver on the product roadmap and technical vision
- Lead development and launch of core features
- Influence technical strategy to build a product that developers will love
- Drive team discussions on SDK architecture and design
- Analyze and optimize application code for efficiency and performance
- Keep abreast of trends and platform updates that may improve or otherwise impact multimedia playback
- 5+ years experience building complex Android applications using Java or Kotlin
- Knowledge of Android SDK performance tools and optimization techniques
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- A proven track record of shipping software used in a production environment
- Experience leading a technical initiative through the entire software development lifecycle
- Experience with native media playback in Android (ExoPlayer / MediaPlayer / AudioManager)
- Hybrid app development experience
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#jwplayer #SoftwareEngineers #hiring #usjobs #android