We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing Core Services team. This team is responsible for the foundational services that power our business and its administrative functions including the management of users, accounts, passwords, subscription payments, entitlements, our API Gateway among others. These responsibilities come with the opportunity to work closely with 3rd party vendors, integrating their software into ours and helping us to take advantage of innovations in the industry as they emerge. This engineer will be uniquely situated to work across the entire organization, manage highly impactful projects, and help shape the future of JW Player.
In addition to partnering with Product Management, the right candidate will work collaboratively with various internal stakeholders and customers across our finance, marketing, support, and sales teams to develop scalable, accessible and secure backend systems and applications. This means designing and building the APIs, SaaS integrations, infrastructure, pipelines, testing, monitoring, and all other tooling necessary to ship code frequently.
Our tech stack includes languages and technologies such as: Python, Amazon Aurora, Amazon RDS, Redis, Apache Kafka, and ElasticSearch. Our applications are fully containerized, run on Kubernetes, and undergo rigorous testing to ensure a high availability rate of 99.99%.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Build and improve features which tangibly solve the problems of your peers and every customer of JW Player
- Code as part of a highly technical team in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Be the engineering administrator and representative for vendor relationships; interfacing with 3rd party support teams and staying abreast of new features and releases
- Prototype new ideas and explore new solutions to automate the mundane while supporting and mentoring the more junior engineers on the team.
- Contribute to a holistic service layer that utilizes change data capture in a service oriented architecture
- Lead projects, in a highly visible role, that are foundational to the success of teams outside of engineering.
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of software development and engineering experience
- Experience integrating SaaS billing and payment vendors such as Recurly, Zuora or other 3rd party APIs into financial reporting ERP (NetSuite)
- Experience managing and administrating third party integrations and software platforms
- Experience building and maintaining software that manages Users, Roles, Accounts, Passwords, Permissions, Settings, etc
- A degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field; or experience equivalent
- Proven track record owning maintainable, stable, and scalable software in Python
- Strong communication skills and a desire to regularly collaborate with various members across the company
- Experience mentoring and coaching engineers to perform at their best
- Experience with microservice architecture: designing, creating, deploying, testing and monitoring
- Experience with containerization (e.g. Docker)
- Experience with event-driven or message-driven architecture and datastores such as Aurora MySQL and Elasticsearch
- Experience building scalable systems with cloud infrastructures such as AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience in project management
- Experience doing test-driven development (TDD) and/or behavior-driven development (BDD)
- Experience with web video
- Experience in building and maintaining modular components in a modern UI framework (Angular, React, Vue, etc)
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.