JW Player is a technology platform which boasts the world’s most widely-adopted web video player, generating billions of video streams a month. We're looking for a talented Security Operations Engineer to join our Core Engineering team, to focus on world-class development enablement tooling while being the company leader in application and infrastructure security.
This role is highly technical and requires a solid understanding of security principles and how they are applied to an enterprise environment.
- Review and improve existing AWS/Cloud based DevSecOps processes and tools
- Collaborate with the Ops team to build infrastructure and servers on AWS
- Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement cloud security controls with a focus on DevSecOps
- Implement a tools-driven and highly automated approach to deliver key security management processes by maximizing use of existing toolsets
- Develop procedures to automate security tasks which seamlessly integrate into code builds and deployments
- Collaborate with Sales and Support to respond to customer security inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist and train engineers in the use of cloud security tools and the resolution of security issues
- Lead integrations with security products such as AWS Guard Duty, Macie, Inspector, etc.
- Deploy compliance solutions for large-scale cloud environments using container and microservice technologies
- Develop security and compliance capabilities in support of DevOps processes
- Develop & deploy automated solutions to secure cloud development processes
- Develop and maintain documentation for security systems and procedures
- Stay current on security industry trends
- Be available for occasional after hours support
- 5+ years of security experience
- Solid understanding of AWS core services (VPC, ELB, IAM, KMS, EC2, Config, CloudTrail, etc.) and security services (GuardDuty, Macie, Inspector, etc.)
- Experience with “infrastructure as a service” tools such as Terraform and CloudFormation
- Knowledge of network based, system level, and application layer attacks and mitigation methods
- Experience working with container technology including Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in DevOps environments and maintaining security in CI/CD processes
- Experience with the development, deployment, and automation of security solutions in an enterprise cloud based environment
- Knowledge of AWS automation strategies and tools
- Strong knowledge of technology and security topics including network and application security, infrastructure hardening, security baselines, and industry-standard tools
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate concerns and issues to other teams
- Experience in developing, documenting, and maintaining security procedures
- Scripting/coding ability in Bash, Python, Perl, or similar language
- B.S. in computer related field
- Industry recognized professional certification such as CISSP, GWAP, AWS Solutions Architect
- Contributed to existing open-source projects as well as your own
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi-annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#jwplayer #SoftwareEngineers #hiring #usjobs #EngineeringJobs