Support Engineers at JW Player enjoy the unique opportunity to interact with content creators, publishers, advertisers and video audiences at the code level. They dive into customer code making sure our technology is expertly implemented to ensure the best possible online video viewing experience while gaining exposure to all of the pieces that form the growing online video ecosystem.
Support Engineers are a critical component of JW Player's customer success and rapid growth. Our ideal candidate is a fast learner with a diverse set of technical skills who excels at multitasking and works well in a fast-paced and self-starting environment.
As a Support Engineer, you will:
- Manage day-to-day customer support through email, online documentation, the occasional screen-share session
- Educate customers in best practices for using our offerings, including our web player, iOS, and Android SDK to ensure smooth implementation
- Assist customers in building their apps using the web player, or our SDKs
- Support the Sales team through demos, coding, and responses to specifications
- Dispatch code examples to customers, test customer code and escalate reproducible bugs
- Align products with the needs of our publishers based on your direct customer interactions
- Take on special projects as assigned by Support, Sales and Product teams
- Grow into a solutions or software engineering role
Who You Are:
- Experience in a customer-facing support role within a SaaS or mobile app development environment, or experience in a Sales Consulting role
- Experience in a Support or Sales Consulting role
- Experience interacting with customers, prospects and peers in a calm, solutions-focused manner
- Aligned, professional, nuanced and customer-focused communication
- Particular attention to detail in a multitasking environment
- Experience creating or maintaining developer support documentation
- Experience with video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and/or streaming protocols
- Experience with Android Studio
- Experience with Xcode
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#jwplayer #supportengineers #hiring #customersupport #remote