The Network Operations Center (NOC) provides 24/7 monitoring of performance and health of servers, services and live video streams. NOC is an essential department service to clients, ensuring technical issues are proactively identified and escalated to be resolved efficiently.
As an Apprentice Network Operations Center Engineer, you will:
- Provide 24/7 monitoring of client’s servers and video streams.
- Provide 1st line initial triage on support issues, fixing those where possible and passing others on to the relevant teams.
- Ensure that all issues and resolutions are logged in the help desk.
- Provide training / documentation to other operational staff within the support team and Network Operations.
- Share best practices identified in daily work with members of other teams.
- Use AWS technologies.
- Use monitoring tools such as Zabbix and CloudWatch.
- Work with Linux and Windows servers.
- Provide internal support to Vualto employees and offices.
- Occasionally attend industry seminars and technical training.
Who You Are:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work to service level agreements and prioritise workload accordingly.
- Likes to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience writing documentation for both internal and client use.
- Someone who wants to train colleagues on support processes.
- Experience in an infrastructure, network operations or software support role.
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.