Our mission is to provide the type of video experience that helps our customers grow their audiences and monetize their content, and we’re looking for passionate and motivated engineers like you to help us do it!
You'll join a collaborative team of engineers with a high degree of autonomy and a strong sense of ownership to maintain and innovate on the video player technology. The video player is the most important application on the internet that you never notice. Our player is the gateway to a massive system providing 15 billion video views every month to people across the globe. The player can never have scheduled downtime, can never fail, and must perform well across a myriad of devices and platforms.
In this role you will:
- Have a hand in shaping the future of media on the internet
- Leverage browser APIs to continually optimize the video playback experience across the vastly fragmented browser and device landscape
- Contribute to open-source projects
- Utilize our data footprint to innovate and iterate on player features, thereby creating the smartest video player on the market
- Take on ownership of projects, seeing them through to the finish line through effective planning, clear communication, thoughtful collaboration and excellent time management
- Have a direct impact on the product roadmap through ideation that fosters divergent thought
- Participate in bi-annual company-wide hackathons
Candidates who have been successful in this role generally have:
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills, utilizing dev tools across the most popular browsers (Chrome, FF, Safari, IE/Edge)
- Experience performance tuning browser applications
- Excellent OOP skills and knowledge of design patterns
- Practiced Test-Driven Development (TDD) or Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- A deep understanding of browsers, particularly features needed for video playback (, event handling, dom manipulation)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
Working knowledge of the following is a bonus, but not a requirement:
- VAST specification
- Ad tech (Google IMA, Freewheel, SSAI/DAI)
- OTT devices (Chromecast, Airplay)
- MSE and EME
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.