JW Player is looking for a talented, customer facing technical project manager who will help JW Player take its customer experience to the next level.
As a Technical Project Manager you will oversee the alignment of dependencies, deliverables, dates, and priorities of JW Player’s strategic customers projects.
The Technical Project Manager is part of JW Player’s Customer Success team and collaborates with Product and Engineering at all levels to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and timelines while maintaining transparency across all departments management levels.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Manage relationships with the all stakeholders
- Keen ability to foresee potential risks before they happen and helping identify ways to mitigate those risks
- Maintain relationships with third parties/vendors when needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Use and continually develop leadership skills
- Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
Who You Are:
- Proven working experience in technical project management, ideally in a SaaS platform environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience implementing process improvement measures
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Confluence, Google suite, Jira
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus
- Experience with backend development (PHP, Python, NodeJS, GO) is a plus.
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago and continues to innovate as the world’s largest network-independent platform for video delivery and intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, and Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types and sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver and monetize their content across all devices. JW Player’s massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights and generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London and Eindhoven, and was named to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™ in 2018. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
When you join JW Player, you are not just joining a company or a team but a family. Our goal is to take care of you and ensure you will be successful in your new role. Your success is our success. When you join us, your benefits kick in from day one!
- Medical, Vision and Dental Coverage through Empire BlueCross
- Open PTO Policy - Self care is IMPORTANT!
- Development Program
- An opportunity to make an impact in a fast paced environment
- Bi - Annual Hack Weeks
- AMA (Ask Me Anything) and Fireside chats with Executives & JW Player family
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.